beulah land

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
cristi

beulah land

Post by cristi » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:19 pm

I am looking for the words to an old hymn from my mother's days of Sunday school. I have found lyrics to a more recent "beulah land" but it is far from the song I yearn to learn.
steveliu
Site Admin

beulah land

Post by steveliu » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:56 pm

Hi Cristi,

Actually, in the hymnal I was editor for, there were two hymns that have the theme of "Beulah Land". Let me know if any of these are what you're looking for :)

------------------------------

Beulah Land
Edgar Stites / John Sweney

Verse 1

I've reached the land of corn and wine,
And all its riches freely mine;
Here shines undimmed one blissful day,
For all my night has passed away.

Refrain

O Beulah Land, sweet Beulah Land,
As on thy highest mount I stand,
I look away across the sea,
Where mansions are prepared for me,
And view the shining glory shore,
My Heav'n, my home forever more!

Verse 2

My Savior comes and walks with me,
And sweet communion here have we;
He gently leads me by His hand,
For this is Heaven's border land.

Verse 3

A sweet perfume upon the breeze,
Is borne from ever vernal trees,
And flowers, that ne'er fading grow
Where streams of life forever flow.

Verse 4

The zephyrs seem to float to me,
Sweet sounds to Heaven's melody,
As angels with the white robed throng
Join in the sweet redemption song.

Dwelling in Beulah Land
C. Austin Miles

Verse 1

Far away the noise of strife upon my ear is falling.
Then I know the sins of earth beset on every hand.
Doubt and fear and things of earth in vain to me are calling.
None of these shall move me from Beulah Land.

Refrain

I'm living on the mountain, underneath a cloudless sky.
I'm drinking at the fountain that never shall run dry.
O yes! I'm feasting on the manna from a bountiful supply,
For I am dwelling in Beulah Land.

Verse 2

Far below the storm of doubt upon the world is beating.
Sons of men in battle long the enemy withstand.
Safe am I within the castle of God's Word retreating.
Nothing then can reach me-'tis Beulah Land.

Verse 3

Let the stormy breezes blow, their cry cannot alarm me;
I am safely sheltered here, protected by God's hand.
Here the sun is always shining, here there's naught can harm me.
I am safe forever in Beulah Land.

Verse 4

Viewing here the works of God, I sink in contemplation.
Hearing now His blessèd voice, I see the way He planned.
Dwelling in the Spirit here I learn of full salvation.
Gladly I will tarry in Beulah Land.

This third version is a more modern version by Squire Parsons and Glenn West. The lyrics are under copyright, so I can only post a portion here--feel free to e-mail me if you'd like more details.

Beulah Land

I'm kind of homesick for a country
to which I've never been before
No sad goodbyes will there be spoken
and time won't matter anymore

Refrain

Beulah Land I'm longing for you,
and someday on thee I'll stand
There my home shall be eternal.
In Beulah Land, Sweet Beulah land

Those are the ones that come to mind. If you'd like, I can e-mail you PDFs to the first two that contain lyrics and music.

Hope it helps!

God bless,
Steve

beulah land

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:16 pm

Cristi,

Try this one.
I'M KIND OF HOMESICK FOR A COUNTRY

TO WHICH I'VE NEVER BEEN BEFORE

NO SAD GOOD BYES WILL THERE BE SPOKEN

AND TIME WON'T MATTER ANY MORE .

BEULAH LAND

CHORUS :

BEULAH LAND I'M LONGING FOR YOU

AND SOMEDAY ON THEE I'LL STAND

THERE MY HOME SHALL BE ETERNAL

BEULAH LAND SWEET BEULAH LAND .

I'M LOOKING DOWN ACROSS THE RIVER

WHERE MY FATE SHALL END IN SIGHT

THERE'S JUST A FEW MORE DAYS DAYS TO LABOR

THEN I WILL TAKE MY HEAVENLY FLIGHT .

REPEAT CHORUS :

beulah land

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:28 am

Hi, Cristi,

You might also try this web site:

http://www.alighthouse.com/land.htm

And there's also a nice version by Marty Raybon that is more down to earth than most:

Link

beulah land

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:49 am

I was also looking for the lyrics to "Sweet Beulah Land". It is my husband's father's favorite song. I am totally irritated with these websites which claim to print accurate lyrics to these old songs. The second verse of the song goes like this:
"I'm looking now across that river, where my FAITH will end in SIGHT..." So many sites list the line as "where my FATE will end in sight." There is not FATE in the Christtian life. This line describes one of the best things about going to heaven. That is, we will finally SEE all the things we have taken on FAITH in our earthly life. We won't need FAITH anymore-- our FAITH will end in SIGHT. We will see Jesus-- praise the Lord. The mysteries of the FAITH will be revealed. God promised us that in His Bible.
steveliu
Site Admin

beulah land

Post by steveliu » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:45 am

Hi Guest,

You're absolutely right about the number of inaccurate Web sites pertaining to the lyrics of "Sweet Beulah Land". Although I wouldn't be so hard on them :) I trust they're trying their best :)

As you said correctly, the line is "where my faith will end in sight". I believe Mr. Parsons' inspiration came from the apostle Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 5:7. "We live by faith, not by sight."

I love the first line of this hymn, "I'm kind of homesick for a country to which I've never been before". It reminds me of Paul's words in this chapter. He talks about our bodies being like a flimsy tent. But ahead of us is an eternal house in heaven, built by God.

I suppose if I were born as a desert nomad, growing up never knowing anything beyond life in a flimsy tent, if someone told me I'd be moving into a house with electric lights and running water and broadband Internet, I'd say they were out of their mind! :)

But the home waiting for us in heaven is so unimaginable compared to our earthly bodies, that the only way we can see it by now is by faith. Those who have been blessed to receive the Holy Spirit have a deposit which guarantees their inheritance, but they too need to see it by faith.

But there will be a day when God hands us the shiny new keys and invites us in to our new homes, when we will finally see it for ourselves. I, for one, can't wait ;)

Unfortunately, the hymnal I helped edit doesn't have this hymn in it, but one hymnal that does is The Celebration Hymnal (Hymn #776). You can buy a copy at this link:

Celebration Hymnal

Here are the official lyrics:

I'm kind of homesick for a country
To which I've never been before;
No sad good-byes will there be spoken,
For time won't matter anymore.

Refrain:
Beulah Land, I'm longing for you,
And some day on thee I'll stand;
Where my home shall be eternal--
Beulah land, sweet Beulah land.

I'm looking now across the river
Where my faith will end in sight;
There's just a few more days to labor,
Then I will take my heav'nly flight.

3. I see the lights, I hear the singing;
A brand new song of joy divine.
My soul rejoices just in knowing
That soon these pleasures will be mine.

Thanks,
Steve

beulah land

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:32 pm

I heard the words to Sweet Beulah Land just yesterday at my aunt's funeral. I haven' been able to get it out of my mind! The masterful combination of tune and lyrics expresses that homesickness we do feel as Christians. It's a beautifully touching song, one that I want to hear more and more. Since my aunt chose the song herself, to be sung at her funeral service, she obviously knew both the song and the longing for Beulah Land.

beulah land

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:46 pm

I first heard this song many years ago as a young girl in the Baptist Church in East Tennessee where I grew up. There was a brother and sister that would sing this and I remember even then I felt the longing to be in the home that awaits me. As I grow older the song means more and more. My parents have both crossed over as their work here on earth was finished. I long to see them in their new bodies, free of sickness and pain. As much as I want to see them again, I cannot begin to imagine what it will be like to see my Savior's face. Beulah Land, I'm longing for you.

Thank you for posting the words to this song.

Rebecca

beulah land

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:40 pm

does any one in here happen to know where i can find the lyrics to dwelling in beulah land in spanish ?? :)

beulah land

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:52 pm

hey i heard this song just yesturday at my mother in-law funeral.She pass 10-31-06 at the young age of 83 she got saved 2 years ago so i know mrs fillers in in Beilah Land with our LORD please keeps us in your prays this has been a hard week for us all i just hope that i to will be in sweet beulah land with her and God one day

Debbie Fillers