rivers of joy i can't control, rivers of joy make me so happy, I can't explain these

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
deb54

rivers of joy i can't control, rivers of joy make me so happy, I can't explain these

Post by deb54 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:38 am

Rivers of Joy

When the Holy Spirit start to move in my soul,
It starts a fire burning that I just cannot control.
It starts my soul to shouting. it puts gladness down in my heart
And it makes my eyes start crying tears I just don't understand.

Chorus
Rivers of joy, flooding my soul, Rivers of joy I cannot control.
Rivers of joy makes me so happy; I can't explain these rivers of joy.

In the midst of tribulation in some way I start to smile.
Then my load is always lifted even though I don't know how.
There are times when I'm so joyful and I don't know the reason why;
Then I feel the Holy Spirit moving more and more inside.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:28 pm

im trying to look for this song on youtube but couldnt find it, "rivers of joy, flooding my soul, rivers of joy i can't control, rivers of joy, make me so happy.................."

does anyone know who sings it etc etc
imadj

Post by imadj » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Rivers of Joy was recorded by the Cathedrals and I believe it was written by Kirk Talley.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Not written by Kirk Talley. In the intro that George Younce gives to the song (it was a live album), he credits an unnamed black gospel choir they heard sing it.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:34 pm

I used to be the lead singer of this song, in my church choir (Pleasant Grove Young Adult Choir), under the direction of V. Michael McKay, at Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church back in the 1980's in Houston, Texas

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:12 am

Hello my friend ,the song is by Bill/ Gloria Gaither .Rivers of joy. It is an old album which is now on dvd or cd and I still use it today for my out reach ministry.
Brother Jonathan

Post by Brother Jonathan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:06 am

Absolutely the Cathedral Quartet sang this one, but it was before Kirk Talley left. I think it was on their "Live in Atlanta" album released sometime around 1983. We just about wore out that cassette tape!