Please, I need the lryics to this song!! Wasted Years

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:08 pm

This morning I came home from working the midnight shift...taking care of senior adults...that are sick in a nursing home...my soul felt so heavy and I truly want to go to service to serve God...I have never listen to Jimmy Swaggart Ministry...yet for some reason when i turned on the tv, another station was on and I turned...and Jimmy Swaggart Ministry was on...I wanted to change it! Yet, God would not let me, because there was a message to come for me...so, I watched the service and began to be blessed by the message...doing the service I was so, sleepy I fell asleep...and God awaken me with the song that Jimmy Swaggart was singing ,....which was Wasted Years....it touched my heart and soul. I awaken and received the word and praised God, and cried because I have lost so, many years....and the words spoke to my soul...my spirit received the message.

Thank you for such a blessing I listened to the rest of the service and and was truly blessed. I will always cherish the words from this song...

G.H.J.. from Richmond, VA

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:27 am

Brother Jimmy sings from the dept of his soul unto the immortal God. Not to entertain or as an artist. His songs will surely outlive him and continue to bless the heart of those that find them.
Brother Jonathan

Post by Brother Jonathan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:09 am

I didn't know Jimmy Swaggart sang this one, but years ago, there was a family group (the Goodmans, maybe?) who covered it, too. It's a powerful reminder that this life is all we have to prepare for Heaven. If we want to be ready for the next life, we'll need to be prepared during this life too. I say this because just a few days ago, I preached my first funeral sermon for a young woman, who died just 90 days or so after turning 44. O that we might be ready for the Lord's call!

May I close with a quote from Jack Mortensen, whose radio network consisted of several stations? Each day around 6 pm, he would give a talk or message and would close his message by saying, "Remember to live every day as if it were your last--for someday, it will be". Sage advice!

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:46 pm

The song was wrote by Wally Fowler( words and music).

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:51 pm

Oops I was also going to tell you that there are three verses to the song not two. I got the words and the music for my mom before she passed I think it was Publius last maybe in 1959.