"Thank You Lord" needed - REAL CHALLENGE!

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:21 am

I know how to play the song thank you lord by dan burgess on my piano, too, but the copy i have is all beat up and torn. if anyone knows how to obtanin a decent copy, please reply at [email][email protected].[/email]

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Go to this web-site and you will find the lyrics and hear the music to "Thank you Lord for saving my soul, thank you lord for making me whole" along with the verses and chorus...I am searching for the sheet music for this song.
http://my.homewithgod.com/heavenlymidis2/tyl.html

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:43 am

Please Help! I am looking for the song "Thank You" on the "Joy in the House" album. Here are the words to the chorus and the verse. Please email me if you know where I can get the accompaniment track. / sheet music / anything. ([email protected]) Sung very soulful

Thank You, thank you, thank You, Lord
For all you've done
I'm here to say, I just want to thank You, Lord

Your mercy overwhelms me
Don't know where I would be if Your love hadn't found me
And I'm here to say, I just want to thank You, Lord

Oh Thank You, Lord
Cause You, You forgave me, You saved me
You raised me and Lord, you changed me
And I'm, I'm right here to say, I just want to thank You, Lord
Thank You, Lord

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Hello Everybody
I have been searching for " Thank you Lord " by Dan Burgess since I heard it sung by the group of girls in MGS (singapore) called the 'Cavarelles' in 1975/76. I was then a 13 year old. It's over 30 years. I would appreciate it if someone could send me the notes to accompany the lyrics posted by one of the guest. It would also be enough if someone could point me to the shop to get a copyrighted copy. Thanks much. You could reach me at [email protected]
Sinnerfaith

Post by Sinnerfaith » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:11 pm

you are looking for this?
Thank You Lord by---The Inspirations For making the sun to shine putting the stars in the sky For the flowers that bloom, the ocean so blue thank you Lord For every sparrow that sings and makes sweet melody For the River that flows the rain and the snow thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord For everything you've done for me thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord For making me whole, saving my soul thank you Lord For my whole family, For the joy my children bring For shoes on our feet, plenty to eat thank you Lord For the church where I worship and pray, For the freedom I have today For your spirit I feel presence so real thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord For everything you've done for me thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord For making me whole, saving my soul thank you Lord For being a friend so dear, Giving my sad heart cheer For holding my hand when I could not stand thank you Lord For giving your life for me on a cross at calvary For taking my place, mercy and grace thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord For everything you've done for me thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord I just want to thank you Lord For making me whole, saving my soul thank you Lord
Sinnerfaith

Post by Sinnerfaith » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:20 pm

p.s. The Inspirations have a web site and the cd is on it. The name of the C.D. is Thank You Lord

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:37 am

Here is the song asked about in the original post. I am not sure who has recorded it because I would like to have a copy. I am enjoying listening to the youtube videos with it.

Thank you, Lord,
Thank you, Lord,
Thank you, Lord,
I just want to thank you, Lord
Traditional African American spiritual
arranged by Stephen Key
copyright 2000 Gia Publications
page 531 of African American Heritage Hymnal

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:15 am

dear all

Like many of you out there, i also grew up listening to Thank you Lord by Dan Burgess and it is a song which means a lot to me. If anyone of you happens to have the music scores, or the mp3 or CD, or knows where to get them from, please email me at [email protected]

thank you and God bless!!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:32 am

hi, if anyone has the Thank You Lord MP3, could you pls send it to me at [email protected]?

The artist = Dan Burgess.

Thanks

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Thank you, Lord,
for the trials that come my way.
In that way I can grow each day
as I let you lead,
And thank you, Lord,
for the patience those trials bring.
In that process of growing,
I can learn to care.

But it goes against the way
I am to put my human nature down
and let the Spirit take control of all I do.

'Cause when those trials come,
my human nature shouts the thing to do;
and God's soft prompting
can be easily ignored.

I thank you, Lord,
with each trial I feel inside,
that you're there to help,
lead and guide me away from wrong.
'Cause you promised, Lord,
that with every testing,
that your way of escaping is easier to bear.

But it goes against the way
I am to put my human nature down
and let the Spirit take control of all I do.

'Cause when those trials come,
my human nature shouts the thing to do;
and God's soft prompting
can be easily ignored.

I thank you, Lord,
for the victory that growing brings.
In surrender of everything
life is so worth while.
And I thank you, Lord,
that when everything's put in place,
out in front I can see your face,
and it's there you belong.