the lord let his face shine down upon you....

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:58 pm

On the occasion of our church closing...

http://youtu.be/xxTBJUI5j2M

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:32 pm

HELP! has anyone got the chords to this song?
I have to play it at a funeral in a couple of days and am struggling to find the chords online

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:42 am

We listened to a talk my Mom gave at church in 1987 on a tape player and she ended it with this song, which she adapted and changed some of the words.
We sat around for an hour trying to get all the words from this old cassette tape.
We had tried looking it up by the title, but then when I saw the words about the canyon separating the lovers, that is how I found your post!
Thank you so much for posting this!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:46 pm

thank u for the song. i love this song very much. plz post the song with guitar chords..............
[email protected]

Re: the lord let his face shine down upon you....

Post by [email protected] » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:06 am

Thank you to all those who joined in helping find the lyrics to this song. I searched for the lyrics many, many years ago, unsuccessfully. We used to sing it in the folk group at my church. I was not a very good singer, but lyrics like this lifted my spirits and I enjoyed singing softly when I was by myself. So when I searched this morning, these search results were available. Thank You again.
Kim

Post by Kim » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:19 am

Here's a link to a YT video created by Michelle Shirliza, with lovely photographs with the lyrics accompanying Joe Wise singing "A Song of Blessing" that he wrote.
It's lovely ~ one of my favorites of his.
I'm not sure how long ago the original question was posted. I hope if it's been a long time, you've found it already, and if not, that you see this.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=2438- ... ture=share
Bea

Post by Bea » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:28 pm

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:09 am Looking for the full song

the lord let his face shine down upon you
the sun come up to meet you when you rise
the spirit of his love invade the circle of your friends
your life pour out like sweet and good red wine...
Beichten

Post by Beichten » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:34 pm

Song of Blessing is on the CD Most Requested Music for the Spirit. 18 songs by Joe Wise published by GIA Publications, 7404 S. Mason Ave., Chicago, IL 60638.