Give Thanks and Remember

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Diogones

Give Thanks and Remember

Post by Diogones » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:20 am

Hello hymn lovers! As it is the Thanksgiving season, I have been digging up some of my old Thanksgiving hymns. However, there is one particular song which I cannot find, but I know exists. The lyrics go something like "One man's dying and rising is another man's bread and wine." I think the name of the hymn is "Give Thanks and Remember" however, upon doing an exhaustive Internet search, I have found no lyrics for a hymn bearing that name. So it is possible it may be titled something else. If anyone could enlighten me, and share their knowledge of this hymn, I would be deeply grateful. I also apologize if someone else in this forum has already posted a question about the same hymn and receieved a similar answer. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and God Bless!

Give Thanks and Remember

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:38 pm

I did the same search as you. That is indeed the name of the hymn. As a child my granny taught it to me. In church they sang it one day and I leaned over and asked her when she taught it to the whole church. Now I'm trying to find it so my son can hear it.
steveliu
Site Admin

Give Thanks and Remember

Post by steveliu » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Finally found it! Here are the lyrics. Words and music are by Jack Miffleton.

Chorus

Give thanks and remember; Here is a living sign:
That one man's dying and rising becomes our bread and win.

As long as we are God's people
And earth has fruit to give
So long will God be our Father;
Thank God for all that lives.

As long as we live for each other,
Planting the words of the Son,
So long will God be our Father;
Thank God for all he's done.

God tends the pines and the sparrows,
And knows us and all our ways,
And God is the source of our life and love;
Thank God with simple praise.

God bless!
Steve

Give Thanks and Remember

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:47 pm

I tried finding this song with the title also. Had to finally type in "Give thanks and remember, he is our living God. Where one man's dying and rising" and it brought me to this site! I love this hymn and would like to sing it during our communion. Thank you for posting it.
Donna

Give Thanks and Remember

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:27 am

Thank you this is a very wonderful song!
God bless you for your service,
Sr. Dolores

Give Thanks and Remember

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:45 am

Love this hymn...

Give Thanks and Remember

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Does anyone know where to listen to this song online? I have looked on Youtube and Google, but I can not find it anywhere. Thanks!

Give Thanks and Remember

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:33 pm

Here is the good news. I just posted this song on YouTube. Go to Robert Koerner - Give Thanks and Remember.

Give Thanks and Remember

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 pm

I always thought it sounded like a pirate song.