Critically ill Uncle requesting a Hymn

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
gailcon

Post by gailcon » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:41 am

I am next of kin to my critically ill Uncle and he is requesting a certain hymn to be played at his funeral. Some of the lyrics are, Mother's there, Father's there, Brother's there, Sister's there, Lord I'm Coming Home. This all happens to be true for my Uncle. I have downloaded "Lord I'm Coming Home by various artists but none of those songs contain the words of Mother, Father, Sister and Brother being there. Does anyone know this song with refrence to the relatives included? Might this be a second verse to the hymn I have been downloading? I fear I will need this information very quickly and I thank you for taking the time to help.
Bless you.
Gail.
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:30 am

Hi Gail,

The closest thing I can find is a hymn that's often discussed on this board called "Going Home". Specifically, see the post that "Guest" wrote on 05 Jun 06.

http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... c&t=15&p=2

Other than that, can't find much, but hopefully someone reading this can help. God bless, and may the Lord comfort and bless your uncle and you in this difficult time.

Steve
gailcon

Post by gailcon » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:10 am

Thank you so much Steve! Yes, that is the hymn. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help as I have been searching for so long for this. I feel a lot better knowing that I have made his wishes for his funeral happen thanks to your help.
Thank you for your kind words and let's pray that my Uncle does not suffer.
Gail.l