looking for "He Rescued me"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Markpearce1

Post by Markpearce1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:14 pm

The inspiration for this song was an account of a family whose boat capsized in a violent storm. My Grandfather dropped my father off on the bank and turned back into the storm and rescued them. The mother laid in the bottom of his boat when he pulled her out of the water and held on to his legs as he took them to shore. The significance of this was that the family was an African American family, in the south, in the 70's. Tensions were pretty high back then and few would have thought my grandpa. A quite, strong, hardworking dock worker would have risked his life to save others. The line, He reached down in love and rescued me is a reflection of the moment my grandpa reached into the water as the mother was going under and their eyes met. As she screamed, "save me", he pulled her from the water and told he he would not let her go. A very desperate moment in people's lives meeting unconditional love from someone they did not know was the inspiration to this song. Hope you enjoyed the trivia.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:50 pm

I have been trying to find the track for this song for YEARS...any chance someone has it???

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Markpearce1 - do you know if there was a performance track ever made for this song?

Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:04 pm

Mark Pearce,
Thank you for sharing the story behind this song, which has helped me through the darkest storms of my life. I was a teen, and a new convert, when your parents came to our church in California. I also have a couple of their albums.
Sedona 1018

Re: looking for "He Rescued me"

Post by Sedona 1018 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:07 am Thanks for the words of this song...do you know the name of the singer(s)?