i"m looking for the song three rusted nails so can someone help me find it please.

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

i"m looking for the song three rusted nails so can someone help me find it please.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:27 pm

i need the sheet music for Three Rusty Nails and an Old Dogwood tree..

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:50 pm

I am looking for a song...

oh the birds hushed their singing at daybreak,

on a lonely dark hill called golgotha, walked the saviour who died on that tree

is some of the lyrics, I can't remember more...does someone know of this song??

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:21 am

I am looking for a song that I thought was called Three Rsuty Nails... But I guess it is not. I sang it years and years ago at church and all i can remember is that it starts like this.
Two thousand years ago
a love story was told
the words wrote in crimson red from the blood the author had shed
That is all I can remember.
Does anyone have a clue what it may be?

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:29 pm

The three nails was written by The Rev. Lewis Harrah and recorded by Jimmie Davis. its the one about the little store and a man came in and wanted three nails. I have the record of it before Jimmie Davis even recorded it.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 am

I TOO NEED THE SHEET MUSIC OR LYRICS TO "THREE RUSTY NAILS", I MEMORIZED THE STORY IN 1973. I PERFORMED IT SEVERAL TIMES FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS AFTER THAT, LOCAL CHURCHES AND MOVIE THEATRES HOLDING GOOD FRIDAY SERVICES. AT THAT TIME, J.D.SUMNER AND THE STAMPS QUARTET WERE DOING THE SONG. THEY WERE GOSPEL SINGERS, THEN ELVIS GOT AHOLD OF THEM AND THEY SAN BACKUP FOR HIM FOR MANY YEARS. THE NARRATION TOUCHED ME SO MUCH, IT B ROUGHT ME TO MY KNEES, I CALLED THE LOCAL RADIO STATION, THEY REFERRED ME TO A CHRISTIAN BOOK STORE IN THE AREA AND THEY HAD TO ORDER THE MUSIC AND WORDS WROM SOMEWHERE IN NASHVILLE, TN, BUT I CAN STILL 40 YEARS LATER, STILL QUOTE FROM MEMORY THE STORY VERBATIM, I NEED THE MUSIC/LYRICS IF ANYONE CAN HELP, [email protected]

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:26 am

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post the lyrics to this song. I was looking for the song for my mom and once had the words and sheet music. Thanks to you I won't have to let her down by telling her I couldn't find it!!

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:29 pm

When I was a child, this song was done by a family in our Church and it was a combination of the resertation and Old Rugged Cross.
sweatbj

Post by sweatbj » Mon May 09, 2011 6:47 pm

If anyone still needs this song, I have both the sheet music and the lyrics scanned and will be happy to email them to you. My email address is [email][email protected].[/email]

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:09 pm

I am looking for the song Jubilee. All I`ve found so far are not the christian version. The chorus goes something like this "jubilee jubilee oh what a happy jubilee" that is all I can remember, It was sung by a lady on WLJA.Thank you

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:27 am

Rev Lewis Harrah did write the song, I was in the church the first time he ever did it. He sold the song to Gov Jimmy Davis. You will probably find it listed under Jimmy Davis' name