He the Lord of Glory

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

He the Lord of Glory

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 am

If anyone can sing this song please call me at 407-963-7181. the lyrics posted are two different songs my Mama sang at home, had different melodies.. never thought they would be combined.can;t get them to go together.the chorus was one and the verse was another. help.

He the Lord of Glory

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:30 pm

isn't there a verse about walking through the cande sticks?bqx

He the Lord of Glory

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 pm

There is a verse about the candlesticks. Unfortunately, all my books are packed in my parent's basement. I have an original Phyllis Spiers song book.
My parents were well acquainted with Jim and Phyllis Spiers.
My mother was just raving the other day about how anointed Phyllis was and how she moved in the prophetic both in song and in word.

He the Lord of Glory

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:32 pm

I was thinking about this song this morning and was looking for the lyrics. Glad you all were here.
Joe

He the Lord of Glory

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:15 am

I have heard Lord of Glory played on WPCS radio Pensacola, Fl, from a recording they have. I don't remember the title of the album, but at the time, I tried to find out more about it.
When following up the leads, I was told, that the song came out of a movement called "The Latter Rain" and that the movement is no longer active. I don't know what the movement emphasized or whether it was a cult. Still, the song honors God, and I love the chorus!

He the Lord of Glory

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:51 am

Lillenas.com is a website for a publishing company that says they have the song,
"He's the Lord of Glory" and the first line begins "Behold what manner of man..." by Phyllis Spiers, avaliable to order. They give the telephone number:
1 800-363-2122.

He the Lord of Glory

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:31 am

I am looking for another very old song that is also titled WHAT MANNER OF MAN IS THIS. I heard it over 35 years ago, and can't remember the words. If anyone knows another old song by this title, please post the lyrics. Thanks!!!!

He the Lord of Glory

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:36 am

I have several copies of He's the Lord of Glory if anyone would like one. As for WHAT MANNER OF MAN IS THIS.

Chorus: What manner (what manner) of man is this
Who died (who died) upon the tree
What manner (what manner) of man is this
who set the captive free
Well He walked (He walked) on the water
God calmed ( He calmed) the raging sea.
What manner (what manner) of man is this
Who gave His life for me.

Vs. Eziekel saw Him turning, as a wheel in the middle of a wheel
and John spoke about Him, in the book of seven seals.
John gives His discription, as brighter than the sun,
And if you don't know my Jesus name then you had better run.

I hope anyone who posted earlier get this.

He the Lord of Glory

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:40 am

Thanks to Jlemire who requested the song, I also have been looking for it. I love the song so much that I have been singing it in bits and pieces. I am very grateful to malachi456 for providing something that I can use now until I get more of the others which I hope will make scriptural and spiritual sense of the hymn. Thanks to the Guest who posted Lillenas.com's details on 05 Sep 2010 09:51;
Thanks to Guest of 23 Oct 2011 @ 07.36, please post one to [email protected] or through our contact on www.livingwayministries.org

He the Lord of Glory

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:30 am

I remember a verse to Behold what Manner of Man is this that was:

Behold what matter of man is this, who stopped the funeral train.
And gave the widow back her son in the little town of Nain.

I don't remember the rest of the verse. Hopefully someone will know and post it.