I fell on my knees and cried Holy

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:58 am

I found I Bowed on My Knees and Cried Holy in and old Hymnal. It has three verses. and was written by Netttie Dudley Washington in 1923. I two would like to find a CD where someone sings all three verses. It is a beautiful song.
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:28 pm

The third verse was actually posted by SingerforGod on another thread (Thanks SfG!). I've copied and pasted it here in its rightful place. :)

I thought when I saw my Savior, O glory to God;
I just fell right down before Him, singing,
"Praise to the name of the Lord."
I bowed down and worshipped Jehovah,
my Friend of Calvary, for I wanted to give praise
to Jesus for saving a sinner like me.

Then I bowed on my knees and cried,
"Holy, holy, holy."
I clapped my hands and sang,
"Glory, glory to the Son of God."

God bless!
Steve

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:53 am

The hymn can be found in "The New National Baptist Hymnal" #304. Published by: National Baptist Publishing Board, Nashville, TN. It has all three verses. The lyrics are by: Neith Dudley Washington and the music is by: E. M. Dudley Cantwell. 1923. Michael English sang this song a lot also. There is a beautiful recording with Michael English and The Brooklyn Tabernacle Mass Choir. They only do two verses. It is on Brooklyn Tab's "Live...again" CD. It is arranged by Lari Goss. Brooklyn Tabernacle has a songbook from that CD and it is in that songbook. Also it is on musicnotes.com website as well.

I know this is late but it is one of my favorite songs and I sing the Lari Goss arrangement it a lot.

Ellery Grear
First Baptist Church, Manassas, VA

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:29 am

Typo in previous post. The lyrics are by: Nettie Dudley Washington.

Ellery Grear
First Baptist Church, Manassas, VA

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:29 am.