"he was so much man that he slept in a boat"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:23 am

Looking for words and/or guitar chords for this song.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:07 am

SO MUCH GOD
by The Ascension Quartet

Who was that babe born in Bethlehem?
They laid him in a manger, there was no room in the inn;
He was born of a virgin, He was God's only son,
The angels shouted in the night that "Christ had come!"

Who was that man, the man of Galilee?
Who made the lame to walk and caused the blind to see?
He cleansed the spotted leper, He spoke with authority,
He broke the chains of sin and set the captives free.

He was so much man that He slept in a boat,
Yet he was so much God that the winds ceased when He spoke.
He was so much man that He wept when Lazarus died,
Yet He was so much God Lazarus came forth when He cried.

He was so much man that He thirsted at the well,
Yet He was so much God that He saved her soul from Hell.
He was so much man that He died upon a tree,
He was so much God that He rose in victory.

Who was that man who crying from the tree,
"Father please forgive them for what they've done to me."
They placed him in a borrowed tomb a stone held fast the door,
He rose up from the grave and He lives forevermore.

Yet He was so much God that the winds ceased when He spoke.

He was so much God, He was so much man...

Yet He was so much God that the winds ceased when He spoke.

He was so much God, He was so much man...

He was so much God that He rose in victory!

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:02 am

this is the best song ever

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:08 am

best song ever sung hope that this song is true because i'm a believer

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 pm

This is a very good song.Only heard it once, and had to learn it.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm

I like this song, but what I want to say is that I don't "hope that this song is true" but that I KNOW that this song is true. 1 John 5:13 says "13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

I don't hope I am on my way to heaven, "for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." I am on my way to heaven GUARANTEED, not because I am a 'good person', but by the finished work of Jesus!

John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If you are not 100% sure you are on your way to heaven, God wants you to be! (2 Peter 3:9).

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Not a single one of us are perfect, we have all broken God's law.
Romans 6:23 a "23 For the wages of sin is death;" When we break God's law, we deserve to be punished for our sin. God isn't judging if we are good or bad, He is judging if we broke His law. If God is going to be fair, He has to give us what we deserve! Someone must pay for our sin!

Romans 5:8 8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." God didn't want us to have to go to hell. That's why God Himself, Jesus Christ, came down to this earth, lived a perfect life, and died on the Cross. He never once sinned, so that He could take our place and die for us!

Jesus not only died for us, but He rose up from the grave, proving He is God and that He can take us to heaven! And HE makes it so that if we will just trust in Him, and Him alone, to take us to heaven, He will! Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 6:23 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Friend, if you are just hoping you are on your way to heaven, God wants you knowing . All you have to do is take God at His Word! Simply from your heart pray a prayer like the one below.

"Dear Jesus, I know that You are God. I understand that I have broken your law and deserve to go to hell; but I also understand that You took that punishment for me. The Bible says if I ask you, you will give me an eternal home in heaven, so right now, I am asking. Thank you, Jesus, for dying for me. Help me now to live for you. In Jesus name, Amen."

If you just prayed a prayer like that, then the Bible tells you that you now have ETERNAL life! God will forgive you of your sins! God can not lie, so you know according to the Bible, that you have eternal life. Congratulations, and I will see you in heaven.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Love the Roman Road 0f Salvation.

Here is a youtube video of this awesome song

So Much God --- sung by Mere Christian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al_sI2d9IFU