he Lord is my shepherd, no want shall I know. He makes me lie down where the green pastures grow. He

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
James E

he Lord is my shepherd, no want shall I know. He makes me lie down where the green pastures grow. He

Post by James E » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:57 pm

The Lord is my Shepard, no want shall I know;
I feed in green pastures,safefolded I rest;
He leadeth my soul where the still waters flow,
Restores me when wond'ring, redeems when oppressed;
Restores me when wond'ring, redeems when oppressed.

That the first verse as I have it. I have 4 verses

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Hello, I just heard this hymn on Family Radio.org and did a search to learn more about it and found this site. Call Family Radio at 1 800 543 1495 and ask for information about it. Tell them it was played at 7:12 a.m. pacific standard time on 8 7 14. Give them a few words or lines of the hymn. Also, I suggest you find them on the web, they play only old hymns. You will be mightily blessed!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:34 pm

To the guest from Aug 24 2013, I remember liking this hymn since I was a little girl.
I think the next verse you're looking for is:
Abundance of gladness on me he bestows
With bountiful goodness my cup overflows
With joy he has crowned me (can't remember the rest)
His love and His blessing forever will last (not sure about this line either)

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:36 am

The first verse to what I'm familiar with is
The Lord's my Shepard I'll not want, he makes me down to lie in pastures green, He leadeth me the quiet waters by.
Hope this helps!

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:45 pm

A couple years later I join this discussion. I was recently reminded of this song that I first learned in school in the late 50's. Like "Guest, 24 Aug 2013" it was one of the first 2-part songs I learned. The words were identical to Guest's I loved it and I memorized both parts.

Now it's been so long since I thought about it, and I've lost one line from the second verse (there were only two verses). I'm able to play the melody and harmony from memory, then yesterday I found the music online - a 4-part hymn. But the words are not the ones I remember. Searched a lot online and looked in several old hymnals. I found similar lyrics but never the same, and I have forgotten the same line as Guest.

Here's a link to the sheet music: https://hymnary.org/tune/the_lord_is_my ... nt_koschat

I'm planning to suggest this as for a trio at my church - I will arrange it for 3-part women. So I've written my own words for the missing line, but sure wish I had the original words.

I'll be listed as "Guest" too, but my online name is Granny Carrie.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 pm

This was written and arranged by Jimmy Owens.
Pastor's wife

Re: he Lord is my shepherd, no want shall I know. He makes me lie down where the green pastures grow. He

Post by Pastor's wife » Sun May 23, 2021 6:24 pm

We heard this on Bible Broadcast Network this morning, and what memories it brought back. I found that it is on the album THE JIMMY OWENS SINGERS TURN ON THE WORLD OF YOUTH. You can hear it on Youtube. I was able to find a songbook by that title on Etsy and ordered it.
JohnWayne

Re: he Lord is my shepherd, no want shall I know. He makes me lie down where the green pastures grow. He

Post by JohnWayne » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:48 pm

If someone has this music please send it to me on my [email protected]. I thank you very much.
brnb

Post by brnb » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:21 pm

Has anyone found the sheet music to Jimmy Owen's "The Lord is my Shephard"? I am looking for it to play at a funeral.
Thank you!
B.
mooremic

Post by mooremic » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:23 am

I also sang that song in sixth grade choir. Two-part harmony.
We did an album that year (1969). Here is the recording.
https://youtu.be/U5CZOa8keqY
Sorry I am ten years late on your reply.

The Lord is my Shepherd, no want shall I know,
He leads me in pastures where cool waters flow,
Beside the still waters in safety I rest,
With love and protection my spirit is blessed.
With love and protection my spirit is blessed.

Abundance of gladness on me he bestows,
With bountiful blessings my cup overflows,
With joy as he crowned me in days that are past,
His goodness and mercy forever will last.
His goodness and mercy forever will last.