Old camp meeting?

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Old camp meeting?

Post by Guest » Tue May 18, 2010 5:34 pm

I am trying to find the correct name of this song and lyrics. I can remember a few of the words if that can help.
Last night we went(last night we went)...to an Old camp meeting(to an old camp meeting)...I knelt in prayer(I knelt in prayer)...God met me there(God met me there)...Chorus: Yes he saved my soul(Jesus saved my soul) last night in prayer(last night in prayer)...I cast on him(I cast on him)... my every care(my every care)...the saints of god(the saints of god)... all prayed for me(all prayed for me)...till I cried my way to victory.
the tears ran down(the tears ran down)...my cheeks last night(my cheeks last night).
I think the song starts with....Today the sun(today the sun)....is shining brighter( is shining brighter).
I know I jumped around quite a bit but would appreciate and help I could get on finding this songs name and the lyrics
SingerForGod

Old camp meeting?

Post by SingerForGod » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:14 pm

CRIED MY WAY TO VICTORY

I

TODAY THE SUN IS SO MUCH BRIGHT.
TODAY MY LOAD IS SO MUCH LIGHTER.
ONE NIGHT I WENT TO AN OLD CAMP MEETING.
I KNELT IN PRAYER GOD MET ME THERE.
HALLELUJAH
CHORUS

HE SAVED MY SOUL THAT NIGHT IN PRAYER
I CAST ON HIM MY EVERY CARE.
THE SAINTS OF GOD ALL PRAYED FOR ME.
WHEN I CRIED MY WAY TO VICTORY.

II

THE TEARS RAN DOWN MY CHEEKS THAT NIGHT
MY SOUL WAS FILLED WITH PURE DELIGHT.
I KNEW THAT I WAS BORN ANEW.
I FELT HIS POWER RUN THROUGH AND THROUGH.
HALLELUJAH
III

A SONG OF PRAISE I'LL SING FOREVER
UNTIL I CROSS OLD JORDAN'S RIVER,
I WILL NOT FEAR OF HOW I'LL FARE.
GOD SAVED MY SOUL THAT NIGHT IN PRAYER.
HALLELUJAH

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:14 pm.