UP IN CHICAGO

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

UP IN CHICAGO

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:29 pm

There is a song named up in Chicago and it starts something like this. The windy Streets of Chicago that is in part of the song but that is all that I can remember.Please help me find it. Thank and God Bless You

UP IN CHICAGO

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:26 pm

On a cold and windy street an old man goes to sleep as the snow begins to fall up in Chicago. there's no place left at the mission where he became a christian so he lays there on the side walk and dreams of his new home

UP IN CHICAGO

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:43 pm

I believe that song was recorded by the Mid-South Boys but I cannot find it anywhere

UP IN CHICAGO

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:56 pm

Here are the entire lyrics as I recall

ON A COLD AND WINDY STREET
AN OLD MAN GOES TO SLEEP
AS THE SNOW BEGINS TO FALL UP IN CHICAGO

THERES NO ROOM LEFT AT THE MISSION
WHERE HE BECAME A CHRISTIAN
SO HE LAYS THERE ON THE SIDEWALK
AND DREAMS OF HIS NEW HOME

(Chorus)

WHERE O ONE SLEEPS ON THE GOLDEN STREETS OF HEAVEN
NO ONES COLD AND HUNGRY OR ALONE
AND SOMEWHERE IN THE NIGHT JESUS WALKS DOWN MAIN STREET
AND TAKES ANOTHER HOMELESS TO HIS HOME

THERES A LADY DRESSED IN RAGS
PUTTING OLD CANS IN HER BAGS
AS THE RAIN BEGINS TO FALL IN ATLANTA
A CARDBOARD BOX HER ONLY HOME
IT HOLDS EVERYTHING SHE OWNS
BUT DOES ANYONE REALLY NOTICE
AND WILL THEY MISS HER WHEN SHES GONE

(Chorus)

WHERE O ONE SLEEPS ON THE GOLDEN STREETS OF HEAVEN
NO ONES COLD AND HUNGRY OR ALONE
AND SOMEWHERE IN THE NIGHT JESUS WALKS DOWN MAIN STREET
AND TAKES ANOTHER HOMELESS TO HIS HOME

ON A COLD AND WINDY STREET
AN OLD MAN GOES TO SLEEP
AS THE SNOW BEGINS TO FALL UP IN CHICAGO

(Fade to end)

UP IN CHICAGO

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:22 am

This is an absolutely outstanding song and I do remember it.
needthissong

Re: UP IN CHICAGO

Post by needthissong » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Does anyone know who wrote/ sang this song?
marshall98

Post by marshall98 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:14 am

I'm currently listening to an old cassette tape of my grandma and her choir mates singing back in the day, I don't have any details of when or where but I'm listening to this exact song right now. I'm transferring the cassette tape onto my computer as soon as I figure out how and I could send a link of the recording if you'd like. I'm not sure if it's the original artist singing or a cover but it sounds really good either way. I've had trouble finding a couple of the songs on this tape, I guess they wrote the songs and recorded them but never published or released them. I'll have to post them on youtube and update ya'll once I've done that.
Sisterduchess

Post by Sisterduchess » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:54 am

Has anyone found a recording or video of this song. I once heard a brother and sister duo sing it at a conference. I would love to hear it again .
LEON COLE

Post by LEON COLE » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Here is a video of David Spillers singing UP IN CHICAGO https://youtu.be/cTNcvG0czt0 Our band at Piney Woods Christian Church is playing.
TheresaB7

Post by TheresaB7 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:46 am

This song was written by James Payne and was recorded with the lead singer of Craig Hodges and was recorded by the Gospel quartet called the sound. That song Touch more hearts I'm had so much anointing when the sound sang it