One more time, Jesus took my heavy burden....

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
bglass

Post by bglass » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi, I remember part of a song I loved in the 70's, and I have been trying for years to find it and find who sang it. most likely a gospel quartet. the lyrics I remember go something like this:

One more time - Jesus took my heavy burdens
One more time - he lightened up my load.
In the night of great despare my faith keeps telling me He's there -
waiting to answer prayer - one more time.

I have asked everyone I can an no one knows what it is. I would love for someone
to please tell me. PLEASE e-mail me if you know. [email protected]
sincerely,
Bud Glass

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:50 pm

My husband asked me to find this song for him. If you find out anything, please forward info to me. Thank you.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:44 am

I'm a MASSIVE Axl Rose fan and I heard an old interview of him talking about him singing this song when he was a kid at church. He even sings a little of it on the interview. If anyone knows the name and information about this song, please e-mail me!!! [email protected] My name is Mallory, thanks so much!

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:58 pm

The name of the song is 'One More Time.' I'm not sure if any gospel groups have ever recorded the song, but I know its been a popular song in the past for church choirs to sing. I couldn't find it on You Tube anywhere, but I know the song and I'm sure its called 'One More Time.'

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:15 pm

This song was written by W. Elmo Mercer and is published through the Benson Publishing Company with a 1970 copyright.
Brother Jonathan

Post by Brother Jonathan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:16 am

I remember this song was published in a songbook in the early 1970's, too. As best I can recall, it was in a spiral bound, maybe 100-song compilation. I don't recall the name of the book, sadly.

There was a Gospel group from Athens, Ohio in the early 70's who had a Saturday morning program on WEMM-FM in Huntington, WV (The Gospel Tones?). They sang this song many times. What a blessing they were for a teenage boy in those days!
AMILLS355

Re: One more time, Jesus took my heavy burden....

Post by AMILLS355 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:06 pm

ONE MORE TIME JESUS LIFTS MY HEAVY BURDEN ONE MORE TIME HE LIGHTENS UP MY LOAD IN THE NIGHT OF DEEP DESPAIR MY FAITH KEEPS TELLING ME HE'S THERE WAITIN TO ANSWER PRAYER ONE MORE TIME
1 WHEN MY LIFE IS FILLED WITH DISAPPOINTMENTS WHEN THE WAY AHEAD IS HARD TO SEE I'VE A FRIEND WHO'S NEVER LET DOWN YET I JUST PRAY AND ASK HIM TO HELP ME ONE MORE TIME
2 WHEN MY LIFE IS FILLED WITH JOY AND GLADNESS AND THE SKY ABOVE IS BRIGHT AND BLUE I REMEMBER JESUS IS THE REASON FOR HE HELPED ME WHEN I ASKED HIM TO ONE MORE TIME
3 IF YOUR LIFE IS EMPTY AND UNHAPPY TURN TO GOD THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO DO JESUS FILLED MY LONGING WHEN HE SAVED ME AND I KNOW HE'LL DO THE SAME FOR YOU ONE MORE TIME

(sorry about caps didn't notice it till over half way through)