Oh beloved enemy, who wait so patiently, who will come and walk with me, this bright and shinning wa

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
littlewhitemouse

Oh beloved enemy, who wait so patiently, who will come and walk with me, this bright and shinning wa

Post by littlewhitemouse » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:24 pm

This is all I remember of the above song. Could you help me trace the whole one please?
littlewhitemouse

Post by littlewhitemouse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Pleas assist me in finding the lyrics for a song. The only words I can remember is: "Oh beloved enemy, who wait so patientlt, who will come and walk with me, this bright and shinny way...........2
Thank you kindly.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:57 pm

I think it's the same one I have been looking for, for many years. Please tell me if ever you find it. I can remember the tune, and the words I remember are:

Oh beloved enemy, oh how I hope and pray, that you will come and walk with me, along life's narrow way.....You were made to know God's love......

I first heard it about 45 years ago! Wish I could help you more,
applejill
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Did you try contacting the
John W Peterson Music company?
Telephone: 480-483-3306
E-Mail: [email protected]

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:58 pm

You were born to find God's love there is no other way, until your soul has reached its goal....your heart can find no rest...oh beloved enemy, oh how I hope and pray that you will come and go with me, on the bright and shining way.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:32 pm

The song is from the movie title "Beloved Enemy starring Flo Price. It was filmed in the early 60's, my parents took me to see it. They purchased the album but it is so scratched it will no longer play. Oh Beloved Enemy, God Waits so Patiently, for you were made to Find God's Love Beloved Enemy. That is all I remember, I am also looking for it.
SLuster

Post by SLuster » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:56 am

I heard the song in church in the 1950s and always remembered its haunting lyrics. I have been trying to find it for quite some time and recently was successful. It was sung at Billy Graham Crusades by George Beverley Shea. It was also on a 45RPM record by G. B. Shea with "Each Step of the Way" on side A and "Beloved Enemy" on side B. It's no longer available, but I found the record for sale on Amazon. When I receive it, I will put the recording up on YouTube and notify everyone here with the link to the song.
SLuster

Post by SLuster » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:40 am

The song was written and originally performed by beloved country western music star Cindy Walker in Worldwide Films' 1951 release of "Mr. Texas", part of the Billy Graham Crusade. It was Worldwide Films first release. The film starred Cindy Walker and Redd Harper in the leading roles, and was directed by Dick Ross. You can look up details by typing "Mr. Texas Billy Graham film" in Google. I just received the version of "Beloved Enemy" recorded by George Beverley Shea and will upload it to YouTube and share the link here. I have also purchased the rare sheet music by Cindy Walker, and also the original film soundtrack, so I hope to be able to upload the original film version of Beloved Enemy as sung by Cindy Walker. By the way, Cindy Walker was the author of many famous country western songs, which include "You Don't Know Me", "Blue Canadian Rockies" and "Watching the Bubbles in My Beer". All of her songs have been covered by many other artists including Hank Snow, Eddy Arnold, Jim Reeves and Willie Nelson. For more information on Cindy Walker, just type her name in Google or YouTube. Stand by for more...
SLuster

Post by SLuster » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:00 pm

The song is "Beloved Enemy" and I have two recorded versions of it and the sheet music. The original version, from a 78 rpm record, is sung by Cindy Walker, who also wrote the song (and sang it on) "Mr. Texas", a Billy Graham Worldwide Film release that she co-starred in with Redd Harper. I also have a later version, from a 45 rpm, sung by George Beverley Shea. I also have the sheet music. I will be glad to email any or all of these to you. Just write "Beloved Enemy" in the subject line and email me at [email protected]

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:18 pm

As recited by my father (Incredible Words!):

Oh beloved enemy, Oh, how I hope and pray
That you will come and go with me the bright and shiny way.

How can I leave you behind where sin and death abide
When you might have eternal life stepping over on God's side.

You were born to find God's love; life has no other quest.
Until your soul has reached its goal, your heart shall know no rest.