Christ is my rock my refuge my stronghold

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:03 pm

I love this song so much. It gives me assurance that Christ is there for me.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:15 pm

I couldn't believe it when I typed "Christ is my rock my refuge my stronghold " and the lyrics came up. I almost cried. We used to sing it back in Zimbabwe at Regina Mundi Mission but without my hymn book I could not remember the words. Imagine my joy when the words came up. This was my favourite song and still is. It reminds me of the days when we used to annoy the nuns by singing it off tune purposely. It does strengthen my faith thank you very much.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:39 am

I so much love this hymn...gives me inspiration.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:56 am

This song is my strength,christ is my rock.my every thing.I song this song to my five month old son each time I put him to sleep.I knew this beautiful song when I was saint Joseph college sasse Buea Cameroon .

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:02 pm

i feel so great singing this song. it never gets old. i love every word of it

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:01 am

This sing sprang into my heart from no where. I searched thru my ancient and modern hymn book being an Anglican but I didn't find it in the index. I sang it to my friend who was with me since he is an Anglican organist but not known to him.

And then just the same way the Holy Spirit dropped the song in my heart, it also brought to my mind where I learnt the song.

Flashes on me on the Assembly ground of ST. CATHERINE'S MODEL (NUR/PRIMARY) SCHOOL SURULERE LAGOS in the 80's came gushing. With beaming smiles and peace, I sang the song as I could remember, mumbling some lyrics .LOL I knew my eyes wouldn't blink in sleep until I got this song and right.

Thanks to google. It popped out the sought after lyrics. I remember the chorus so well but yet to remember the tune for the verses. I wil surely do justice to it.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:05 am

I was so full of the holy Spirit and I found myself singing this song and I wanted to get the full verse of this ever green worship song and when I googled for the lyrics I was directed to this page.
I wish to thank those who posted the song online for I was so in need of the lyrics and I got them here
I equally will like to thank Saint Joseph College Sasse my college in Cameron for that was where I learned how to sing this song

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:45 am

I learnt this song in secondary school in Nigeria and it came back to me today 40 years later! I thank you for posting the lyrics. The Lord bless you and the writer of the hymn! Jesus is Lord!

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:35 pm

What a "Great Hymn". Reminds me of formation days in the St. Peter Claver Seminary Okpala, Imo State, Nigeria.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:09 pm

I learned this song in my senior one about 23 years ago. But today this song struck me from the blue, after the spirit inspired me to ponder on a favor God just did to me out of a very tight situation. I had to search for the lyrics since I could hardly remember the verses accurately other than the chorus.
Sweet sweet melodies. I am deeply touched in spirit by this Holy Spirit inspired song. Thanks somebody for the history of this song...Medical Mission Sisters, keep up with the love for Christ