Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Owayne

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Owayne » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:04 pm

God bless all!

I had a song on cassette tape years ago which contained a song I'd love to trace. Years ago (when I was Youth Leader) I taught it to the youth choir and it went down a real storm. Unfortunately i never new the artist or song name and years (yes years!) of googling has brought no results. But the song was/is so great I can't believe that no one else has never heard it.

I would be very, very grateful if you would take the time and view the lines that I can recall, and perhaps let me know if it rings any bells.

The words I can recall are as follows:

Silently, I set my heart to seek thy face,
Quietly, I bow before thy towering grace,
O cleanse me Lord that I may enter in this place.

Chorus
Here in Thy dwelling place,
We lift up our praise,
To thy Holy Mountain,
Here in Thy Holy hill,
Our spirits are still,
In Thy Holy Mountain.

Thou O Lord has set the world in it's span(??)
Thou O Lord did set the Heavens in thier (???)
How marvelous to know Thy thoughts have turned to man (??)

Chorus

(Then there's a lovely bridge part african style male voices)

Deep, deep rivers,
From Thy Holy Mountain,
Deep, deep rivers,
From Thy Holy Mountain.

Then into the chorus again.

Thanks for reading this, any help would be greatly appreciated.
God bless

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:02 am

I have been googling relentlessly for this song, and your post is the only one that came up. I also cannot believe it's not on the Internet. Loved it years ago and it still moves me now. I used to think it was sung by Bob Fitts/The Maranatha Singers/Rejoice Africa Album... If you eventually get it, please, update this post. I'm sure there are other people who also remember this song.

Stay blessed.

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Rivers of Praise - A WorldBeat Celebration
tracks 1. Haleluyah, 2. Thy Holy Mountain, 3. Everlasting Love, 4. Carried Away, 5. You Restore My Soul, 6. He is Good, 7. Deep, Deep Love, 8. Three in One, 9. Alive in Christ, 10. I have Decided (Follow the Lord).

Owayne

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Please where do I download this song as Mp3?

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:02 pm

I too have been searching for that fantastic album, 'Rivers of Praise'. 'Thy Holy Mountain' is one of the sweetest songs ever.
The album is available from Amazon.

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:12 am

I'm so happy there are individuals who listened to this album. The lyrics were deep and soul-refreshing. I need that album again!

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Omg! I thought I was the only one that knew this song. Such a powerful album. I have searched endlessly for this song. I need the album too.

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:08 pm

I too have been searching unsuccessfully for the CD 'Rivers Of Praise' since 1999.

"Thy Holy Mountain" is the most beautiful song on that fantastic album.

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:16 pm

The album was the brainchild of Michael & Terri Harriton

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Anyone got lucky finding this album? I am dying to get "Thy Holy Mountain!" Been searching for years. Pls anyone?