Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi, I too had this tape and have been searching for it for some time. Was such a blessing when I was growing up years ago.

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:54 am

Hi I too had this tape years ago and it was such a blessing. Please, if anyone comes across it in whichever format I would like to know how to obtain it.

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:54 am

This is really strange. I taught this song to our youth choir, in my day as music coordinator and youth leader. I got it from my predecessor. Is there no way reaching the artists or producers. Just returned from service and was to teach it to our choir this weekend, only to stumble on this thread. Just reading all the comments is like really powerful testimonies of the impact one song could have for Christ in our fallen world.

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:52 am

Hi all ,

I got this whole Album, who ever wants it send me your e mail on [email protected]

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Mon May 01, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi, people. I too was digging for information on this song, so I reached out to Tim Hosman, who replied:

"Thanks for the nice note.

I wrote the lyric to Holy Mtn.

I'm not sure where my copy of that project is, but I believe it was sung by the co-composer Sy Gorieb (aka Sy Goraieb).

The album was produced by LA composer Michael Harriton.

There was a delightful group of 5 siblings from Africa that did some singing. I sang a few songs myself."

I then looked up Sy Goraieb, who was also kind enough to write back:

"I can't tell you what a blessing it was to receive your email - it means more than you know.

That song is one of Tim's and my favorites. Actually, the producers wanted a different song of ours for the album, called "PEACE," but it was on hold to be recorded on Integrity Hosanna's "REJOICE AFRICA" (you should check it out on itunes), so we wrote this one, with a similar feel, for RIVERS OF PRAISE.

THY HOLY MOUNTAIN was recorded as produced by Michael Harriton. We had some great musicians on the session, most notably, John Patitucci on Bass (his bass solo is amazing). Tim Hosman and I, along with the Kintaudi Family from Zaire and Tami Fick performed the lead and background vocals. There was an amazing South African guitar player on the track, as well, Louis Wasson - what a blessing and an exemplar of pure, raw talent. That's the song's history in a "nutshell."

Again, thank you for your encouragement and for taking the time to connect."

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:16 am

How beautiful to stumble upon this thread... I so loved working on this song vocally... And truly loved working with Sy and Tim.. Michael and Terri... It was a beautiful memory made and forever cherished...love, Tami Fick

Thy/Holy Mountain (???)

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:00 am

Tami Flick, Tim Hosman, Sy Gorieb,
Hoping you get to read this thread, and my feelings about
Thy Holy Mountain on that divinely inspired album.

I published this on August 28, 2013 -
"The music is captivating. The lyrical content is inspiring. The melodies will play in your mind constantly. "Thy Holy Mountain" is without doubt one of the most beautiful works I have ever heard".

Thank you very much