Back of the Clouds "Back of the clouds the sun is always shining" by Carolyn R Freeman

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Back of the Clouds "Back of the clouds the sun is always shining" by Carolyn R Freeman

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:54 am

Looking for lyrics and chords or lead sheet for "Back of the Clouds" by Carolyn R Freeman, copyright 1031
nhroade

Post by nhroade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:57 am

This is my request:

Looking for lyrics and chords or lead sheet for "Back of the Clouds" by Carolyn R Freeman, copyright 1031

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:19 am

I believe this was published in a solo hymn book published by Rodeheaver Company in the mid 1940's

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Back of the clouds, the sun is always shining,
Back of the clouds, the skies are always blue;
God has prepared a golden silver lining...
So keep on praying, til the sun shines through!

Post by Guest » Sat May 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Back of the clouds, the sun is always shining,
Back of the clouds, the skies are always blue;
God has prepared a golden tinted lining,
Back of the clouds, it's waiting to shine through!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Never fear tho' shadows dark around your path may fall;
Do not let your heart be troubled;
From His throne in heaven,
God is watching one and all,
He will ever care for you.

Chorus

Back of the clouds the sun is always shining,
After the storms your skies will all be blue;
God has prepared a rosy-tinted lining,
Back of the clouds it's waiting to shine thru.

Winter long is over and the spring has gone her way,
Often has the storm clouds gathered,
But the rain has only made the blossoms look more gay...
Given earth a brighter hue.

Keep the light of hope eternal dwelling in your heart,
Rest upon the Father's promise,
And you'll find that care and trouble will depart...
Heaven's peace will enter in.

--Carolyn R. Freeman
queenbjan

Re: Back of the Clouds "Back of the clouds the sun is always shining" by Carolyn R Freeman

Post by queenbjan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:23 am

I have this song in a hymnal that belonged to my grandfather (and I'm 73). I thought I could upload a picture but don't see how to do it. I'd be happy to send it to you. The hymnal is called Christian Service Songs and was published by Rhodeheaver Hall-Mac Co. of Winona Lake, Indiana. Copyright 1939. You might search for a copy online through www.thriftbooks.com or one of the other used book stores.