Be not Afraid

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Be not Afraid

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:25 am

this song is so beautiful!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Be not Afraid

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:50 am

It is a beautiful song--growing up and singing it with my family with the church band--knowing it is one of my moms favorite songs. Now, half way around the world -- with computer music --and my own children--it is a treasure--glad I found the words. Now looking for Psalm 49 (?) and few others. Crazy how you miss things more when you have your own kids.

Be not Afraid

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:03 pm

I am a nurse and often sing this hymn to anxious patients. It always helps them to relax and rest. I have seen it be more effective than medication to help them breathe easier, to sleep, reduce pain and blood pressure, reassure dying patients and their families. I love this hymn and sharing it.

Be not Afraid

Post by Guest » Wed May 30, 2012 3:02 am

Thanks for the Be Not Afraid song, I was searching for that one too. I used to sing it in elementary school.

I've just Googled another song that I used to sing in elementary school, but can't find it. Does anyone know the following:

Bread is your body
Come to be the bread of life
Wine is your blood and we
Offer you a sacrifice
Blessed be God forever

I'd like the sheet music, but if I could just get the lyrics I would be a happy camper. Anyone?

Be not Afraid

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:43 pm

I love this song,I want my daughter to play this in piano,can you send me the music sheet

Be not Afraid

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:55 am

I first heard the song when I was in High School. It is very consoling and a constant reminder that we are not alone.
Josephine

Be not Afraid

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:45 am

Be not Afraid

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:59 am

In the seventh and eight grades from 1980 to '82 I played classical guitar in our church's youth mass. "Be Not Afraid," "Eagle's Wing," "Here I Am Lord," and "Though The Mountains May Fall were very common hymns that I had to play. I certainly have bittersweet memories of my early guitar playing "gigs" at mass. I was under a tremendous amount of stress whenever I had to play guitar at a school mass and the nuns were all there to "judge" my playing! If I fretted a note improperly, or didn't or did play with too much gusto, I'd be criticized big time by one of the eighth grade nuns who was the "music director." It was cool to be able to play guitar at church at the youth masses. The priests were younger and were encouraging of my musical ability and if I goofed no one seemed to notice. Oh, but those nuns.......

Be not Afraid

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:03 am

When I hear this song I envision Jesus saying these words to Paul after being blinded and waiting to have his site restored. Imagine those days of blindness and wondering what Jesus had in store for him. I think the words fit perfectly.
mpschurman

Be not Afraid

Post by mpschurman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:07 pm

According to my research,
This song is titled "BE NOT AFRAID FOR IT IS I"
written by Jeff Steele and Ricky Atkinson
sung by The Whisnants

BE NOT AFRAID FOR IT IS I
by Jeff Steele / Ricky Atkinson

Rocked by waves and howling winds
And the storm that threatened them
The disciples sailed a boat on Galilee