To Be Alive. To be alive and feeling free, to have everyone in your family to be alive in every was

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

To Be Alive. To be alive and feeling free, to have everyone in your family to be alive in every was

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:18 pm

Always sang this at our folk masses at the Catholic coed camp where I was a counselor in the 1960's. We recently had a big counselor reunion and sang it once again. Everyone loved sharing it once more!

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:32 pm

This is sung every Sunday in every Methodist Church and Disciples of Christ Church I have ever attended

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:14 pm

Chords: Chorus
G C
G F D
G Em
C... D G

Chords: verse
G F
C D
G F
C D
Walmart gal

Re: To Be Alive. To be alive and feeling free, to have everyone in your family to be alive in every was

Post by Walmart gal » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:51 am

Yes, this is on you tube.
Just copy and paste the name of the song and you will find it. I did.
BrianP

Re: To Be Alive. To be alive and feeling free, to have everyone in your family to be alive in every was

Post by BrianP » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:39 am

I love the internet; I just typed in the first lines of this song and up it came. When I was in high school, I played and sang this with my choir of 8th graders for the new folk masses in the 60s in Catholic Church in Sacramento. It was the go-to song to get even the older traditionalists to sing out. Thanks for publishing it; brings back inspiration that comes at a great time now that we’re all faced with mortality.