My God and I Walked int he Fields Together

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:51 pm

I too remember singing this 50 years ago. A dear friend requested this for her husband of 60 plus years funeral tomorrow . Thanks to all of you for making it possible for me to honor her request.

Glady

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:35 am

J T Adams and the men of Texas, a group from the 50's and 60's also did a powerful version of this song.

Post by Guest » Sun May 01, 2011 2:38 am

MY COLLEGE BAND DIRECTOR,THE LATE JAMES JACOBSON INCLUDED
MY GOD AND I IN THE 1948 HARDIN COLLEGE INDIAN BAND TOUR OF NORTH TEXAS , NEW MEXICO AND COLORADO, REPRESENTING MIDWESTERN UNIVERSITY OF WICHITA FALLS TEXAS. THAT MUSIC HAS ALWAYS BEEN A FAVORITE OF MINE. ALTHOUGH I PLAY THE PIANO BY EAR AND PLAY FOR MY OWN RELAXATION, I WOUL LOVE TO LOCATE THIS PIECE OF MUSIC WITH BOTH MUSIC AND LYRICS. THERE IS A ORGAN VERSION ON GOOGLE IF YOU WILL CLICK ON --MUSIC AND LYRICS FOR MY GOD AND I. .THE LATE MR. JIM JACOBSEN WAS MUSIC DIRECTOR FOR TCU UNTIL HIS DEATH FAIRLY RECENTLY.
MUSIC AND WORDS BY: AUSTRIS WITHOL (20TH CEN) AHD MUSIC BY:
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART 1756-1791

Post by Guest » Sun May 01, 2011 5:26 am

THIS IS A FOLLOW UP OF MY RESPONSE ABOVE REF. THE BAND DIRECTOR THE LATE JIM JACOBSEN OF MIDWESTERN UNIV AND THE
TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY MUSIC DEPT. YEAR 1948
ANY MUSIC WITH LYRICS

PLEASE CONTACT [email protected]

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanx for all the help and comments. We learned this hymn from our choir director who haled from Calgary Alberta. His Latvian family used to sing it in Latvia. They brought it with them when they immigrated to Canada. My wife and I would like to sing it for our little church in Ingomar, Shelburne, Nova Scotia.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:57 am

The Song was written by Austria A. Wihtol. You can order song books with the song at www.taylorpublications.com. Mr. Taylor has also compiled a history of the song. You can email him from his website. He actually got to interview Mr. Wihtol's wife before she died in 1996. He can give you a complete history of the song.
Words and Music by: Austria A. Wihtol
Copyright © 1935 by Singspiration Music(ASCAP)(admin. By Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.)

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:20 pm

I need the guitar chords

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:09 pm

The posting by Dave Nuttal giving George Beverly Shea's rendition of the song is no longer available and is not a Rapsody purchase site. I did not find the song on there.
Sparkgapper

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Thanks to all of you for reflecting on this wonderful hymn that mother sang around the house! It helped to draw me to the personal relationship with Jesus that is so beautifully described in the song. Now I walk and talk with Him too, and anticipate the passing of common trifles, and the ongoing eternal walking with Him.! He is Lord! Susan, Minnesota

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Does anyone have the lyrics and chords to the song " My God and I " so that I can play it on my guitar.

Myrna