My God and I Walked int he Fields Together

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 am

I am looking for the melody and or score of this hymn - my dear sweet Dad has asked me to sing it for my Mother's funeral, which is approaching fast. I am willing to pay any copyright fees.
Anna Carminito
Napa, CA
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:17 am

Hi Anna,

My deepest condolences on your loss.

I know that the sheet music is available in the Stamps-Baxter songbook Gospel Hymnal - Volume 1. This is a wonderful collection of many wonderful Gospel hymns.

I believe you can find it in this book as well: Great Gospel - Songs and Hymns Sheet Music.

I hope this helps.

Take care,
Steve

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:12 am

Wow, my grandfather wrote this piece, and it is amazing to learn how everyone enjoys it.

Thank you
Karen

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:27 am

Karen,
Many thanks to your grandfather - my mother's funeral service was beautiful. A singer/guitarist sang & played your grandfather's song and it was more than beautiful and most moving. It was just what we all needed. It was the only thng that my Dad asked for.
Anna

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:50 pm

Does anyone have the chords to the song???? If so, could you post them?
Thanks !

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:18 am

Karen,
My husband met at church function December 31, 1974. The first song we ever sang together with the rest of the congregation was this song written by your grandfather, My God and I. It has had special meaning in our life and our 33 years of marriage. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THW HISTORY OF THIS SONG! Why did your grandfather write it? I would love it if you could email me anything about this song snd your grandfather. It will be th e35th anniversary of our meeting this New Years Eve, 2009. Please send anything you know to my email

keithsbugsy@t yahoo.com

Thanks, Marilyn

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:24 am

We're looking for a recorded version of this -- a soundtrack that we can sing along to this song. We have the piano music and have sang this as a trio and quartet. Also, thanks to your grandfather, Karen! My mom loves this song, and it has special meaning for her. We would like to sing this at a Women's Retreat, and there is no piano available. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! Sandy
[email protected]

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

The Germans who have lived in Russia for several centuries sing this song in German!
On www.gladsongs.com you can buy the song. It is sung by Emerald Chorale.
wagepc

Post by wagepc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi Friends,

Someone has also asked me to find this music for a funeral tomorrow. I gave up and paired it with "Finlandia," a graceful an dignified tune that suits the text well. I like it!

Mary

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:30 pm

My husband remembers it with more verses and I think a chorus. Does anybody have the music and lyrics?
Thank you,
Lea Ann
[email protected]