Got Any River's??

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
dreamklaiber

Got Any River's??

Post by dreamklaiber » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:12 pm

Does anyone have the verses to this song? Our hymnal just has the Chorus! Thanks, May God Bless!! Dreama
carolla

Got Any River's??

Post by carolla » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:27 pm

Got any rivers you think are impossible?
Got any mountains you can not tunnel thorough?
God specialzes in things thought impossilbe
And he can do what no other God can do.

I learned this song about 50 years ago from my fourth grade school teacher. I believe it is just a chorus. We did put this with it

Let go and let God have his wonderful way
Let go and let God have his way.
Your burdens He'll carry
Your night, turn to day
Let go and let God have His way.

I don't know if this will help
God Bless.
dreamklaiber

Got Any River's??

Post by dreamklaiber » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:00 pm

I seen this song in an old hymnal with 2 verses to it. Regretably I don't know what happened to that old hymnal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The chorus is "Got any rivers you think are uncrossable? Got any mountains you can't tunnel thru? God specializes in things tho't impossible, And He can do what no other pow'r can do. Special thanks to Carolla for the imput. May God Bless Dreama

Got Any River's??

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:02 am

We always added this to the song...

My God can do anything
My God can do anything
Oh He's got the Power
He's got the Power
My God can do anything
dreamklaiber

Got Any River's??

Post by dreamklaiber » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:00 am

To anyone interested- I found the verses to Got Any River's? Written by Oscar C. Eliason Copyright 1945 1. Be of good courage God spake unto joshua, When o'er the river God pointed the way. Jordan uncrossable! things seemed impossible, Waters divide as they march and obey. Chorus: Got any rivers you think are uncrossable? Got any mountains you can't tunnel through? God specializes in things thought impossible: He can do what no others can do. 2. Battles to win! they would meet their obstacles, Jericho's walls, too, must fall to the ground. God never failed; He stood back of His promises, Walls had to crumble as the marched around. 3. God is the same and His word is dependable; He'll make a wat through the waters for you. Life's situations by Him are amendable, Mountains and hills He will part for you too.
Jeannette

Got Any River's??

Post by Jeannette » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:32 am

I learned the chorus w/ a different last phrase.
"He does the things others cannot do."
Jeannette

Got Any River's??

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:57 pm

Thanks, I have been looking for the Lyric's to God Specializes. It was a favorite of my Uncle's and I have never been able to find the Lyrics. Thanks again!

Got Any River's??

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:35 am

I too. learned the chorus with a different last phrase.

What He's done for others He will do for you.

Got Any River's??

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:32 pm

As a child I song the song with:
Have you any rivers that you feel are uncrossable and Have you any mountains that you can not tunnel thru I tell you God specializes in things that are impossible and he will do what no other power can do.
Second Verse:
Is your body all full of disease and the medicine won't do you any good. Are you friendless in despair and nobody seems to care.
There is another verse I just can not remember it Can anyone help me??????
Next you say:
God God yes God and he will do what no other power can do
Then you repeat the second verse above:
Then you end it with:
God God Yes God and he will do what no other power nothing but the Holy Ghost power can do

Got Any River's??

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:38 pm

I would like find the hymn that has the line:

Filled with God, Yes filled with God. Pardoned and cleansed, and filled with God.

R. B. Thompson