Got Any River's??

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Got Any River's??

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:00 pm

"Got any rivers you think are uncrossable?" seems much more like the way people really think and speak than "Have you any rivers...." I loved this song years ago when I was a student at a Methodist college. Didn't realize before that it was two songs combined into one.

Got any rivers you think are uncrossable?
Got any mountains you can't tunnel through?
God specializes in things thought impossible,
and He can do what no other power can do.

Let go and let God have His wonderful way.
Let go and let God have His way.
Your sorrow will vanish, your night turn to day.
Let go, and let God have His way.

Also didn't realize there were so many different versions of this song. I especially like the one that has the verses about Joshua that someone posted here.

Got Any River's??

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:36 am

Thankyou very much everyone. I heard a young lady (Renee Marks I believe she was called)sing this about 58 years ago and it has blessed me ever since. I am going to print out the words for my daughter who is having a difficult time on teaching placement.

Got Any River's??

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:54 pm

WOW...how exciting...I have probably sang this song hundreds of times...it has been SUCH a blessing to my heart and soul!!! I just can on to see if I could find an "image" to the song...found a LOT!! Then, I came on this site, and lo and behold here is the son of the gentleman who wrote it...I have probably sung this song since I was in my late teens, and I am in my seventies...if you are reading this and don't know this song, come to know the Christ who is the answer to our tunnels that we can't see any way thru...and our rivers that SEEM uncrossable...I have a number of health issues BUT I know the God of the IMPOSSIBLE ...He will make a way when there seems to be no way...for He is so precious to me!!!