Just a Wayward Lamb

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Just a Wayward Lamb

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:40 am

need to find the music and lyrics to the song Just a wayward lamb written by Juan Ramon. The words that I know are as follows: just a wayward lamb, wandering from the fold out upon the mountian so lonely and cold. ) part of the second verse is: Jesus the kind shepherd he will guide you home safely on his shoulders no longer to roam. Theres more but can't remember them.Is there any help out there.It was probably written in the 50s or 60s.not sure

Just a Wayward Lamb

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Just a way-ward lamb wan-d'ring from the fold,
Out up-on the moun-tains so lone-ly and cold;
"Come and fol-low Me," hear the Shep-herd's plea,
"Safe-ly on my shoul-ders I'll car-ry thee home.

I will lead in pas-tures, mead-ows green and fair,
If you fol-low Me I will guard thee with care;
Lis-ten to My lead-ing I will guide thee home,
Live with me for-ev-er, no long-er to roam."
And with tears He led me gent-ly to His side.

http://www.loichua.org/index.php?exec=. ... php&id=443#

Just a Wayward Lamb

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Isn't there more to this song, for instance: "Jesus the Good Shepherd, died upon the tree. Suffered untold torment for sheep just like me. He became the lamb when he took my place. Oh what boundless mercy what infinite Grace. Now I found contentment in this love Divine. Safely in the fold with the ninty-and nine. Listen to my leading, I will guide thee home. Goodness love and mercy always shall be mine."

Just a Wayward Lamb

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:23 am

Yes.

Just a Wayward Lamb

Post by Guest » Wed May 01, 2013 5:29 am

I sang this song while back in the university. So far in my memory, it goes like this:

Like a wayward lamb
Wand ring from from the fold....

Which is just a slight variation to yours above. However, I am happy enough to be reunited with this song as it has a deep spiritual meaning for me. So thank you very much.

Just a Wayward Lamb

Post by Guest » Sun May 19, 2013 2:49 pm

If you can find a 'Favorites number 6 it is in there. Favorites I believe are not in print but were compiled by John W. Peterson and published by Inspiration of the Zondervan Corp. Number 6 was copyright in 1966.

Just a Wayward Lamb

Post by Guest » Sun May 19, 2013 2:52 pm

That should be Singspiration of the Zondervan company.

Just a Wayward Lamb

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Just a Wayward Lamb Youth Folk Hymnal, A New Now spiral 43 C
Just wayward lamb, wandring from the fold, out upon the mountains so lonely and cold. "Come and follow Me," hear the Shepherd's plea, "Safe upon my shoulders I'll carry thee home. I will lead in pastures, meadows green and fair, If you follow Me, I will guard thee with care. Listen to my pleading, I will guide thee home, live with Me forever, no longer to roam." And with tears He led me gently to His side.
Jesus, the Good Shepherd, died upon the tree, suffered untold torment for sheep just like me. He became the Lamb when He took my place. O what boundless mercy, what infinite grace! Now I've found contentment in His love divine, safe in the fold with the ninety and nine. Thus I fear no evil, for He'll guide me home, happy in His presence, no longer to roam. Goodness, love and mercy always shall be mine.
Juan Ramon ©1958 Singspiration, Inc.
[email protected]

Just a Wayward Lamb

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:07 am

May God have richly blessed Juan Ramon for his beautiful, beautiful song. It is a constant blessing to me - even though I forgot some of the lyrics here and there. What a good, good song!!

Just a Wayward Lamb

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Thank you for this info. I have been looking for the English words for quite some time but couldn't remember the title and only most of the words in Spanish as I sang this with a team in Spain back in the late '60s. Maybe I can locate the music. I still have a few more song books at home I didn't check out - one being an old Spanish one. May God continue to bless you.