I need no other argument. I need no other plea. It is enough that Jesus died and that He died for me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

I need no other argument. I need no other plea. It is enough that Jesus died and that He died for me

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:14 pm

What is the name of this hymn? I sang it in the Southern Baptist Church as long as I can remember.
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi Guest. This is a great old hymn called "My Faith Has Found a Resting Place", by Eliza E. Hewitt. Here are the full lyrics:

1. My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

Chorus
I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He'll never cast me out.

My heart is leaning on the Word,
The living Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior's Name,
Salvation through His blood.

My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

God bless!
Steve

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:01 pm

Steve
Thanks so much for the wonderful work you guys are doing for the Lord. I am so bless by your lyrics. Thanks again and may the good Lord bless you all. Thanks

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:57 am

Thank you so much. Each time I look for a hymn lyrics and find it on a site like this, it gladdens my heart. I know somebody somewhere is working day and night to be sure people find whatever hymn they are looking for. The Almighty God rewards you greatly in Jesus' name.
Jerry.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:47 pm

I have the sheet music for "My Faith Has Found A Resting Place" if you would like it. [email protected]
Brother Jonathan

Post by Brother Jonathan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:32 am

It's also in the 1975 edition of the Southern Baptist hymnal. One amusing anecdote: back around 2011, our very small church was blessed to have a teen aged young man who absolutely wanted to lead our singing! He didn't quite know this song (My Faith Has Found A Resting Place) but soldiered on with it anyway. Afterwards, he said, "Pastor, you finally gave me a song I didn't know!"

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:32 am.