Lyrics to "It's in my heart" U ask me why I serve the Lord, Its in my heart..."

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:22 am

this song was written by arthur slater 1941

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:15 am

I have no idea who wrote this song..The man that use to sing it at my church was Rev. Othello Swansey. Whenever he sang this song I told him he was the "Black 0 Frank Sinatra." Does anybody from Ward Memorial at 4820 S Prairie remember him singing this song????
ljterrell

Post by ljterrell » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:07 am

I love you Rev Swansey.. Juanita, Eugene, Janet, Cheryl and Cherhonda. The Terrell's

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:08 pm

I grew up in Roberts Temple COGIC in Chicago. Now that I am older, and really have an understanding more of what it means to walk with the Lord, the song has so much meaning for me. I can see Bro Morrison now, standing up and singing so beautifully, "It's in my heart, this melody of love- divine..."

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:50 pm

Harvey watkins JR sings this song but im not sure if he wrote it or not.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Thank you very much for posting this great song. I've been looking for it for some time. I sang this song as a final for voice lesson class I had in 1961. Can't sing this song unless it is in your heart to love God. Bob Royer

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:50 am

This song was written by Arthur Slater in 1941; arranged by JG Boersma in 1941 and renewed in 1968 at the Gospel Publishing HOuse, Assigned 1997 to Lorenz Corporation but the arrangement by Sanada McFall was made famous by Gospel Hall of Fame singer Shirley Ables & the Joy Combined Voices of Joy out of Washington DC in 1981. Recorded on Virtue Records out of Philadelphia, PA. For more info and contact google Shirley Ables & the Joy Singers

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:52 am

The information about Shirley Ables and the Joy Singers is now reconfirmed by singer Yasmeen. I know because I was there! check out www.yasmeensummermusic.com