Looking for a song I listened to 22 years ago... I have some of the lyrics...Come follow me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
dreamernm

Looking for a song I listened to 22 years ago... I have some of the lyrics...Come follow me

Post by dreamernm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:02 am

The song had a repeatable verse "Come follow me, come follow me, leave all behind and follow me" There are part where it talks about "they went to the shores one day", talked about being asked to walk away from what they were doing. I have tried a million searches and I am unable to find the song. I found a verse of the song once in a song book in a small church in arizona once. Any help is appreciated....

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:03 am

We used to sing this all the time at my church (conveniently, a small church in Arizona). It's "Come Follow Me" by Steve Croskey. You can listen to it on the built-in player at http://stevecroskey.com/. Just scroll through the songs with the >> button.
Lety

Re: Looking for a song I listened to 22 years ago... I have some of the lyrics...Come follow me

Post by Lety » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:26 am

Hi! It's by Steve Croskey: http://stevecroskey.com/SteveStore.html

Come, follow Me. Come, follow Me.
Leave all behind and follow Me.

They left their nets on the shore one day. They left the tables where the taxes are paid.
They left their homes and their families, to follow a man from Galilee. He said:

If you follow Me you'll be fishers of men. If you follow Me, you must be born again.
Light to the world and salt of the earth; Bearing the Good News, proclaiming My word. So:

Now I must go up to Jerusalem, to suffer and die for the sins of men.
Will you come with Me for the sacrifice; Stand by My side as I pay the price?