Lyrics - Fading away like the stars of the morning

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Ebi

Post by Ebi » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:09 pm

Can anyone kindly help me with the lyrics of all the stanzas of the hymn titled "Fading away like the stars of the mornig"

Many thanks.
Ebi.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:22 pm

Ever remembered

Fading away like the stars of the morning,
Losing their light in the glorious sun;
So let me steal away, gently and lovingly,
Only remembered by what I have done.

Refrain
Ever remembered, forever remembered,
Ever remembered while the years are rolling on,
Ever remembered, forever remembered,
Only remembered by what I have done.

So let my name and my place be forgotten,
Only my life-race be patiently run;
So let me pass away, peacefully, silently,
Only remembered by what I have done. Refrain

So, in the harvest, if others may gather,
Sheaves from the fields that in spring I have sown,
Who plowed or sowed matters not to the reaper -
I'm only remembered by what I have done. Refrain

Fading away like the stars of the morning,
So let my name be unhonored, unknown,
Here, or up yonder, I must be remembered,
Only remembered by what I have done. Refrain

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Wonderful hymn. Its the one my mother used to sing very often. She
had a very hard life. She was a woman of faith and I can remember
the wonderful things she had done for us. Once when there was very
little money in the house ( my father had just died of cancer ), she
gave the little she had to a poor person at the door. Believe it or not
the next day she received 10 times in return from an anonymous donor.
God is no man's debtor.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:28 am

Why not do good then, that yee be remembered for good things.

Post by Guest » Fri May 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Ever remembered is one hymn that reminds that one day, people will look for me in the world, but they will never see me. Even when I am no more, that when I die, the only thing that I will be remembered is the things I have done whether good or bad.

I love singing the hymn when I do, I sing it with passion and deep reflect into my life whether I am doing what is right.

Truly, each one of us must be remembered by what we have done.
Some think it is a funeral hymn, but I think that it is a song for the living, because the dead can't sing and can't hear when such hymns are song.

Emmanuel Enyinnaya Appolos, Seventh-day Adventist Church, Lagos Nigeria, [email protected]

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Thank GOD Amighty for the hymns. This hymn reminds me of my dear mother as well. She did'nt have much of this world's riches, but was richly blessed in spirit. O, the challenging power of this hymn even in the Ibo language. Hard to know that she's been long gone now. I will always remember her also for songs like this.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:44 am

It is an ever green hymn. When we sing it at the passing away of someone, it is an indication
That such will be sung in our remembrance. I asked myself what I can be remembered
For. I want to be remembered for my guardiance for the young one.

Rotimi Nigeria

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:52 am

I just luv dis song i want 2 be remembered here and yonder

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:36 am

In Africa this is a traditional Anglican hymn sung usually at funerals. Many of us have come, rightly or wrongly, to associate it with death or dying. In that way it plays out good for it reminds us that one day like our forebears, people will look for us and we would not be there: only the truth we have spoken while alive will live on while we w'd forgotten. How it beckons on us to live cautiously with the future in view in our increasingly growing materialistic world. As I go through the poem I reminiscence on greats saints of old: godly men and women whom I have had the privilege of attending their funerals. They are no longer around but their deeds live on with such good memories that i also strive to live well serving my Maker, the Lord God Almighty and His son, Jesus Christ, my Redeemer, Deliverer, Saviour and Messiah who died on the cross to set me free from sin and evil habits. It is a great hymn any time. Okechuku Kehinde, USA-Nigeria.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:05 am

Death must surely meet us one day, but how or with what must we be remembered for. Please answer this question now that you are still alive and may you be remembered for good in Jesus name ,Amen.I love this hymn for its ever green messages.May God give to us more choruses,songs and hymns of this kind with life challenging and transforming messages that will outlive the Composers from generation to generation if Christ Tarries.amen.

Pastor Nnadi Matthew A
NIGERIA - USA
[email protected]