Shut in with God - lyrics

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
[email protected]

Re: Shut in with God - lyrics

Post by [email protected] » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:38 am

Thank you for having the words to this extraordinary song available. Clearly it speaks to the heart(s) of many and I believe the Holy Spirit brings this song to people's minds to draw us closer to Him, our Precious Lord Jesus Christ. My Pastor and his wife sang it this morning. I'd never heard it. So very anointed by Father God! May we all be shut in with God today and in the days to come. May every family member, every relative by birth, marriage, adoption...of all who read this - may Salvation be the reality for every bloodline represented here. Shalom
Artmarm

Re: Shut in with God - lyrics

Post by Artmarm » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 am

My mother who is now 81, told me that her preacher’s son with the last name of Pratt wrote this song. The preacher served at the Assembly of God in Silom Springs, Arkansas. She was in the 4th grade and sang this song with a friend at a service. My mother was Margaret Hawkins at the time and her friend was Louanna
Griffin. This would have been around 1947-48. They called the preacher Brother Pratt. His son wrote the song. My mother can’t remember their first names.
I’m Lisa Neeley. I hope this is accurate information and helpful. Mom was very happy to hear this song again
And it brought back many wonderful memories!