"In times like these..."

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:13 pm

In Time Like these is a song that tell us to be ready and be sure that the rock you are standing on is Jesus the solid rock. He is who we should have out trust in, Our faith, our hope, grounded in him, and if we are, we will be ready when he comes.

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:15 am

I heard this song first in aFours Square Gospel Church in Nigeria in response to a friend's invitation and instantly fell in love with it. On srveral ocassions I tried rremembering the lyrics but ended up with few and just humming through. This song came to me today during my Lenten prayers so I decided to get the lyrics by all means and my search was not in vain. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, my Solid Rock; I really need you to hang my anchor on at this very moment. What an appropriate song! God bless Mothet Jones for writing this song,

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:39 am

I was thinking of my special grandfather who has been in heaven now for over twenty years. This was his favorite song and since my siblings and I were young girls, he paid us each a quarter every time we would sing this for him and he requested it often, especially at family reunions and when company would stop by to visit. I was looking up the lyrics to make sure I was remembering them correctly and happened upon your site. What a blessing to find out about the woman who wrote this song and also to read the comments from others who also find this song to be special to them. Thank You!

Lee Ann G

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:57 am

today I saw a creek,an upright tree wtraight across it a fallen tree, forming a perfect cross; next to it was a huge rock with a cleftin the middle at the bottom.
The words to this beautiful hymn came immediately to mind. It was a sacred, beautiful holy and moving experience.

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:26 am

Jesus is my Solid Rock, am very sure of that by His grace, and I have the Bible, and have determined not to be idle,but purposed to daily serve Him. Praise the Lord, Hallelujah, Amen.

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:33 am

By God's grace Jesus for ever remains my Solid Rock as l have in the immediate above herein indicated. My anchor will always holds and grips the Solid Rock until eternity. Not only me, but my entire family members and siblings in Jesus name, Amen. I love my Jesus so much. Rosemary , Canada.

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:35 am

By God's grace Jesus for ever remains my Solid Rock as l have in the immediate above herein indicated. My anchor will always holds and grips the Solid Rock until eternity. Not only me, but my entire family members and siblings in Jesus name, Amen. I love my Jesus so much. Rosemary , Canada.

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:18 pm

"In Times Like These" or "The Solid Rock" or whatever the name of it is, it's a very excellent song. My dad is 91 and remembered singing it several years back. It's wonderful.
kewestmoore

Re: "In times like these..."

Post by kewestmoore » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:17 pm

You could write to their company:

A Visit With the Joneses, Inc.
POB Box 575
Erie PA 16512

Lovely Christian Family and Company!
Ed Jones

Re: "In times like these..."

Post by Ed Jones » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:50 am

Wow, very nice to read all the comments on my Grandmother’s hymn “In Times Like These”, but I’m fine with whatever name you want to call it as long as there is a meaning there for you and Jesus as your Savior. My Aunt Carol Jones Saint is still operating “A Visit With The Jones” out of Erie, Pa and would surely reply to all who write. God Bless, Ed Jones