One Day

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

One Day

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:28 pm

There is a version of "One Day I Will" on E.C. & Orna Ball's 1972 LP, "Fathers Have a Home Sweet Home." It is, unfortunately, out of print, has never been issued on CD. You might write Rounder Records for a copy? rounder.com

One Day

Post by Guest » Fri May 30, 2008 12:00 am

A folk group named Atwater-Donnelly has recorded the song on their album "The Blackest Crow". I also have a cassette of a local group from the Prestonsburg, KY area named The Harbormen Quartet with this song on it, but they weren't that well known. We bought the tape directly from their display table when they sang at our church.

One Day

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:24 pm

I AM LOOKING FOR ONE DAY ALSO, BUT DIFFERENT FROM THOSE REQUESTED.
ONE DAY WHEN HEAVEN, WAS FILLED WITH HIS PRAISES, ONE DAY WHEN SIN WAS AS BLACK AS COULD BE. JESUS CAME FORTH TO BE BORN OF A VIRGIN, DWELT AMONG MEN OUR EXAMPLE IS HE. LIVING, HE LOVED ME, DYING HE SAVED ME, BURIED HE CARRIED MY SINS FAR AWAY, RISING HE JUSTIFIED FREELY FOREVER, ONE DAY HE'S COME OH GLOROUS DAY. I WOULD BE SO THRILLED TO FIND WHERE I CAN BUY THIS SONG IN THE TRADITIONAL FORMAT. NOT INTERESTED IN CHRISTIAN ROCK.
Robert Utz

One Day

Post by Robert Utz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:41 am

It is in the new Baptist Hymnal and the old one... just call a Baptist Church. in your area.
It may not be quick enough to get a cd but you can finds cds at these web sights.
shop.pdcbs.com or gospelsoundtracks

One Day

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:43 am

Jeff Johnson has a well-sung version out called "Glorious Day". Y'all should definitely check it out.

One Day

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:40 am

This is how I learned the chorus:

One day I'm gonna walk on the streets of that city
One day I'll behold the King in His beauty
I'll be united with Jesus on Zion's holy hill
One day, one day I will.
RickC

One Day

Post by RickC » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:52 am

Barethetone
The song ONE DAY that you posted .....Who wrote it and published it....is it a domain???
Thank you
Rick
MADDIESNANA

One Day

Post by MADDIESNANA » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:58 am

one day is an old traditional hymn that Rev. Janice Claypoole at Ark of Mercy Church of God revamped 25 years ago. I can remember hearing her sing it and was totally unaware that it was the tradtional hymn that i learned--The Crabb Family put it out several years ago and they have a "pentacostal" type track available--it should be public domain now but i have an orginal copy of the hymn from when i was a child--written in 1920 by Rev. J. Wilbur Chapman and Chas. H. Marsh--can't tell you what hymnal i got it from but it's way old
MADDIESNANA

One Day

Post by MADDIESNANA » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:59 am

i wouldn't care to e-mail you a copy of the page if you need it--it's written in 5 flats but .........

One Day

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:53 am

The Garner Family has a tremendous rendition of One day, One day, I will. The voices are incredible and the way they sing it, well the Holy Spirit really ministers to me when I here them sing it. See bbfchurch.net and email me on that sight. I'll ask the Garner's for permission to send you a copy. I have their tape made into a cd.