Christmas song about the animals telling what they gave Baby Jesus

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
dreamklaiber

Post by dreamklaiber » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:30 pm

Hi! I'm looking for a Christmas song where the animals tell what the each gave or done for Baby Jesus. I remember a donkey all shaggy and brown. And also a sheep with the curly horn. I would love to teach my children this song. God Bless! Dreama
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:16 am

Hi Dreama,

I believe this is what you're looking for. Enjoy!

The Friendly Beasts
(Traditional English Carol)

Jesus our brother, kind and good
Was humbly born in a stable rude
And the friendly beasts around Him stood
Jesus our brother, kind and good.

"I," said the donkey, shaggy and brown,
"I carried His mother up hill and down;
I carried her safely to Bethlehem town."
"I," said the donkey, shaggy and brown.

"I," said the cow, all white and red
"I gave Him my manger for a bed;
I gave Him my hay to pillow His head."
"I," said the cow, all white and red.

"I," said the sheep with curly horn,
"I gave Him my wool for His blanket warm;
He wore my coat on Christmas morn."
"I," said the sheep with curly horn.

"I," said the dove from the rafters high,
"Cooed Him to sleep that He should not cry;
We cooed Him to sleep, my mate and I."
"I," said the dove from the rafters high.

"I," said the camel, yellow and black,
"Over the desert, upon my back,
I brought Him a gift in the Wise Men's pack."
"I," said the camel, yellow and black.

Thus every beast by some good spell
In the stable dark was glad to tell
Of the gift he gave Emmanuel,
The gift he gave Emmanuel.

God bless!
Steve

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:27 am

DREAMA THE NAME OF THE SONG IS THE FRIENDLY BEASTS. THE CHILDREN IN MY SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS DID A PLAY A FEW YEARS AGO USING THIS SONG. SOME OF THE BOYS IN MY CLASS DIDN'T WANT TO SING SO INSTEAD I LET THE CHILDREN RECITE THE VERSES WHILE DRESSED UP THE ANIMAL COSTUME OF WHICH PART THEY WERE RECITING AND IT WAS SO CUTE.. SO HERE IS THE LYRICS. GOD BLESS SHERRY.

JESUS OUR BROTHER, KIND AND GOOD WAS HUMBLY BORN IN A STABLE RUDE AND THE FRIENDLY BEASTS AROUND HIM STOOD JESUS OUR BROTHER, KIND AND GOOD.

"I", SAID THE DONKEY, SHAGGY AND BROWN, "I CARRIED HIS MOTHER UP HILL AND DOWN; I CARRIED HER SAFELY TO BETHLEHEM TOWN." "I", SAID THE DONKEY, SHAGGY AND BROWN.

"I", SAID THE COW, ALL WHITE AND RED "I GAVE HIM MY MANGER FOR HIS BED; I GAVE HIM MY HAY TO PILLOW HIS HEAD." "I", SAID THE COW, ALL WHITE AND RED.

"I", SAID THE SHEEP WITH CURLY HORN,"I GAVE HIM MY WOOL FOR HIS BLANKET WARM; HE WORE MY COAT ON CHRISTMAS MORN." "I", SAID THE SHEEP WITH CURLY HORN.

"I", SAID THE DOVE FROM THE RAFTERS HIGH, "COOED HIM TO SLEEP THAT HE SHOULD NOT CRY; WE COOED HIM TO SLEEP, MY MATE AND I." "I", SAID THE DOVE FROM THE RAFTERS HIGH.

"I", SAID THE CAMEL, YELLOW AND BLACK, "OVER THE DESERT, UPON MY BACK, I BROUGHT HIM A GIFT IN THE WISE MEN'S PACK." "I", SAID THE CAMEL, YELLOW AND BLACK.

THUS EVERY BEAST BY SOME GOOD SPELL IN THE STABLE DARK WAS GLAD TO TELL OF THE GIFT HE GAVE EMMANUEL, THE GIFT HE GAVE EMMANUEL.
dreamklaiber

Post by dreamklaiber » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:15 am

Thanks so very much for the words to this wonderful Christmas song!!! My prayer is that everyone will have a very blessed Christmas!! Thanks again and may God bless!! Dreama