music for "Peace I Leave With You"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:28 pm

I am looking for a hymnal or other sheet music for a song we sang in college right after the Sign of Peace, with lyrics that went something like:

Peace I leave with you
My friends, my friends,
For I am with you til the end

Lamb of God You take away
the sins of the world
Have mercy on us
(Repeat)

Lamb of God You take away
the sins of the world
Grant us

Peace I leave with you
my friends, my friends
For I am with you til the end.

Any help would be appreciated! thanks!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:19 am

That song came to my head all this week. I'm not sure why. i can remember it from when i was a kid in the 1970s. I figured out on the piano what the chords might be. I'll right them over the words

I think the lyric is:
G Am C G
Peace i give to you my friend
G Am C Eflat D
I wish you peace in all you do
G Am C G
Peace i leave with you my friend
G Am C D7 G
i give to you so you can give to others too.

(the Eflat and the D get 2 beats each. they slide down and resolve to the G; all on the word "do")

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:37 pm

I found this on the web...I think this might be what you're looking for. This is very similar to what we sang in college.

http://www.psu.edu/catholic/music/downloads/psulamb.pdf

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:39 am

I used to attend the Catholic church in my town, and the choir always sang this song at the end of the service. It was always my favorite part, but I can't find the music for it either.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:56 am

I'm trying to find it too. Anybody got any more info on it?

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:34 pm

Love that song! It was recently done LIVE at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame this past December for the Rock Out Poverty Concert. Musicians featured in the Spirit & Song books (OCP) played the song and gave recognition to the songwriter that launced this music ministry. You may want to examine this site...

www.spiritandsong.com

Peace

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:04 pm

The Spirit & Song site features Sarah Hart doing an alternate version. Ray Repp wrote the song and you can find what you want...

http://www.theinterpretersfriend.com/so ... frnds.html

The lyrics and more are there. There will be another link to an OCP site that will give you a live performance of the song from many years ago. (Starsky & Hutch era)

Peace!
Chris

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:26 am

It's actually just alternating between the D & G chords, we play it in mass too.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:27 am

I should mention that I play the guitar at mass, and that's the guitar part. I can't comment on the piano part, sorry.

Post by Guest » Sun May 17, 2009 11:52 am

In response to the original post, I believe the song that the person is looking for might be 'A Song for Breaking Bread' by Tom Conry. I just heard it recently at mass where they used a combination of guitar and piano.