The old ship of Zion

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

The old ship of Zion

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:46 pm

Looking for the words to The old ship of Zion.
cookie41332

The old ship of Zion

Post by cookie41332 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:34 pm

Hope this helps god Bless You

THAT OLD SHIP OF ZION

I was standing on the banks of the river
Looking out over life's troubled sea
When I saw that ole ship that was sailing
Is that the ole ship of Zion I see.

Its hull was bent and battered
From the storms of life I could see
Waves were rough but that ole ship kept sailing
Is that the ole ship of Zion I see.

At the stern of the ship stood the captain
I could hear as he called out my name
Get on board it's the ole ship of Zion
It will never pass this way again

As I step on board I'll be leaving
All my sorrows and heartaches behind
I'll be safe with Jesus the captain
Sailing out on the ole ship of Zion.

The old ship of Zion

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:04 am

I love this song. It tells me that now matter how far you get from God, he is always ther to meet you. :)

The old ship of Zion

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:52 pm

I TOO,LOVE THIS OLD SONG , ITS SEEMS TO COMFORT ME WHEN I'M WORRY !
REV. GENE DAVIS
[email protected]
Chauncey Freeman

The old ship of Zion

Post by Chauncey Freeman » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:36 pm

I was fifty three years old and NEVER had any man approached me about my soul,eternity, or even as much as invited me to any church.But PRAISE GOD,one day HE saw fit to send JESUS The Captain,sailing on the ole ship of zion,and HE too called out my name,and I got on board. I ant much of nothing,but tomorrow the 30th of April I'll be singing this song right before I preach on Hebrews 9:27 and Revelation 20:14. Title of message: (The Second Death Is one's CHOICE.) Please pray that souls will hear,and get on board the Ole Ship Of ZION. In CHRIST JESUS's PRECIOUS AND HOLY NAME,
Chauncey M. Freeman,SCPO,USN,RETIRED
Member Bethel Baptist Church
Rota,Spain

The old ship of Zion

Post by Guest » Sun May 21, 2006 8:26 pm

I THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE WORDS OF THIS SONG. MY HUSBAND PLAYS THE GUITAR AND WANTED TO SING THIS. THANK YOU YOU COLLEEN CINKOVICH
ELDORADO ILL

The old ship of Zion

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:30 pm

I wanted to sing this song and could not find all the words. Our trio is going to sing this. Thank you so much, Nova Foster, Springfield, Ohio

The old ship of Zion

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:10 pm

I was blessed in 1992 by a new friend, who sang this song without music at a church singing. I was blessed again when God allowed us to be married in 1997. I wanted him to sing it again at our church, there were a few lines he wasn't sure of, been looking for the song. Thank you and God Bless.

Brenda Honeycutt , Claremont, NC

The old ship of Zion

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:10 pm

Thank you so much for the lyrics to "Is That The Old Ship of Zion". My grandmother loved The Kingsmen who sang this song years ago in Accapella. I can remember going to her house and hearing this song. I now sing in a quartet and we're going to sing it next month in our church.

In Christ,
LD Cummins

The old ship of Zion

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:58 am

I am so glad to find this site! I thought of this song tonight in church at a remark our pastor made. We have a man in our church who has just started singing bass. I'm going to try to fit him into our trio to sing this song. Thanks so much!
Linda