I can't find this song -Side by Side

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
michele

Post by michele » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:02 am

Some of the lyrics are as such:

Meet me in Heaven, we'll sing songs together. Meet me by the Savior's side......

Please help me find this song and it's author. Thanks!

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:22 am

Michelle - The song you're looking for is called "Side By Side". It goes back to the late '60's and early '70's. I'll have to hunt for who wrote it, but that was when Ralph Carmichael and Kurt Kaiser were cranking out the contemporary "Jesus Music", as it was called back then. God bless you - hope this helps. - Lee

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:43 pm

Thanks Lee, if you could please find out who wrote it, that would be awesome! Much appreciation!! Michele

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:41 pm

Michele! Michele! I found it!

"Side by Side" was written by Jeff Wood (words and music) and arranged by Paul Johnson, copyright 1972 by Sonlife Music Company, which owns the rights.

Side by side we stand awaiting God's command
Worshiping the saving King

Living by His grace and moving on in faith
Jesus Himself will see us through

Chorus:
Meet me in heaven, we'll join hands together
Meet me by the Savior's side
I'll meet you in heaven, we'll sing songs together
Brothers and sisters, I'll be there

Soldiers all are we to go where Jesus leads
We'll fight in faith and we will overcome
Heaven is our goal, and saving every soul
Pray that we all will be there

Repeat chorus:

Finish: Praise the Lord, we all will be there

Like a junkyard dog, I don't give up till I've nailed it! Keep "in His Word", feed on it every day, and stand on it without wavering. The winds are starting to blow and you want to be anchored to the Rock. See you in the Kingdom, Michele. Have a very Merry Christmas! - Lee

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:19 pm

Wow! You're the greatest! I can't thank you enough for finding it........I have no idea how you did it but I sure am grateful. Thank you and God bless!!

Michele

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:22 pm

Thanks again, Lee. Don't let anyone or anything steal your crown! See you in Heaven.....Michele

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:21 am

Hello I am looking for a hymn called I Will Be With You by an author called Gerard Markland and the tune and the words mean a lot to me as I played it on my instrument every year when I went to Lourdes for a holiday and because I don't go there anymore it will still bring back memories for me.

I can write out the Chorus for you and if you can contact me on Huntingdon 01480 831388 I will play the tune on my keyboard.

I can tell you this hymn is in many hymn books but not necessary sang, but anyway the Chorus goes like this.

I will be with you wherever you go.
Go out throughout the world.
I will be with you in all that you say.
Go now and spread my word.

Verse one
cCome follow me to the stormy waters.
Come reach out and I'll be there.

back to Chorus

If you can help me find my favourite hymn I will be so pleased an if you need any help with the music don't hesitate to give me a ring on my home number and the best time to do this is evenings only

Yours sincerely

Matthew Baker

lover of hymns

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:38 pm

Matthew,

The hymn to which you are refering is called "I will be with you" and is in the Celebrational Hymnal, published by McCrimmon Publishing Ltd.

The words are:

I will be with you whereever you go,
go now throughout the world,
I will be with you in all that you say,
go now and spread my word.

V1. Come walk with me on stormy waters,
Why fear? Reach out and I'll be there.

V2. And you, my friend, will you now leave me,
or do you know me as your Lord?

V3. Your life will be transformed with power
by living truly in my name.

V4. And if you say, 'Yes Lord, I love you,'
then feed my lambs and feed my sheep.

As you may have realised, the verses are based on words that Jesus said to Saint Peter.

I first remember hearing it at Hopwood Hall, which used to be a teacher training college run by the Salesians, in the 1970's. Gerard Markland is a very nice man and a talented singer and guitarist, but as far as I am aware has published very little recently.

We sang this hymn in our church this morning, 22nd January 2006.

Regards,

another lover of hymns.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:33 pm

What is the name of the hymn that has the words "i will be with you where ever you go go now throughout the world"

plz find it i need it for my uncles funeral
xx

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:06 pm

Hello,
Gerard Markland is a remarkable man, with a great gift to write and sing worship songs ... my brother in law ... he has not published much recently which is a shame as he has a great talent