Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:51 am

I love that song. my mother use to sing that to me and now I sing it to my boys.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:25 pm

My sister and I chose this song to be sung at a quiet moment during my mother's funeral Mass -- which was yesterday. It was a most poignant and touching interlude.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:32 pm

its my mothers favorite song!

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:12 pm

We just learned that my mother who has lived with dementia for over three years has cancer and is not expected to live more than two months at the longest. We will use this hymn at her funeral, and I was looking for the words and music to share with the organist when needed. Thank-you and God Bless you, and our mothers.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:23 am

My mother died on 12/22/09 and we had this song sung at her funeral. It was so beautiful and touching.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:14 am

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. I am very touched that you searched for and found the words to this beautiful song. I, too, was searching for the words as I plan for my own funeral....years away I hope. It's just so special and lovely. I hope the memory brings great comfort to you every time you hear it. May God bless you.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:54 am

Oh my gosh, I can't belive I've found this song - it has brought back so many HAPPY childhood memories - our school used to sing this all the time at assembly in the hall (St. Mary's Primary, Avondale, Auckland NZ) It's my one of my favourites and I often reminisce when I sing it and love singing it to my 3 beautiful daughters (now living in Tonga) and I would often slip with some of the lyrics (many years later) but I am sooooooooooo happy now to have found this .... THANK YOU - MALO AUPITO GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2010 11:01 am

My sisters and I also choose this song for my mom funeral , which on Mothers day will be exactly 2 months to the day. ( March 9) just reading the words brings tears to my eyes....
God Bless

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Tue May 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Our son heard this at Mother's Day mass & thought of his wife & myself . What a tribute ! They are going through some difficult times after their son's surgery & I am sure his wife was touched , as I was.
God bless all moms !

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Thu May 13, 2010 3:29 am

We had this as the tribute song to our mother at her funeral on 5/11/2010. I will never forget her or the song. Like all Loving Mothers she taught us Wisdom and Love. I do miss her.