Looking for an old Christmas Song - Once in a manger lowly hundreds of years ago

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Looking for an old Christmas Song - Once in a manger lowly hundreds of years ago

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Jevans the name of the song you know is The Bethlehem Babe by Marilyn Horne at least the is the version I sing.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:40 am

i am interested in buying the sheet music for this song. Does any one know where it can be purchased?

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:54 pm

regarding the above--The song is called The Bethlehem Babe. I have it on a cassette tape bought in the 90's with Marilyn Horne and the Morman Tabernackle choir. The recording is not a very good quality because the words are too muffled. Before my mother died in 86 she mentioned the song. She also remembered it from when she was young. There are two Christmas recordings on the internet by Marilyn Horne with this song on each one. The tape I have is Christmas with Marilyn Horne. I too would like to get the piano music for this along with the lyrics. Yes, there is a last part to this. I will try to see if I can understand what she is saying when I replay it. I can't find out much on the internet about sheet music for it.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:10 pm

I am looking for the lyrics to a song titled "In a Manger Low"
it starts with Many yrs ago so the story is told there was a baby born in a manger low
please help Thanks Merry Christmas

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:35 pm

I'm looking for the sheet music to this. Can any one help.
My mother remembers singing this as a child, she is now 83.

Thank You
[email protected]

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:07 am

Billie Poole, gospel singer, songs this song live on a video on YouTube. Unfortunately the sound is muffled but hearing her sing it puts tears to my eyes and memories to my mind.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:50 am

can someone help me with this tonic solfa of this song please.
Diane268

Re: Looking for an old Christmas Song - Once in a manger lowly hundreds of years ago

Post by Diane268 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:29 am

My mother-in-law remembers this song from her youth as well. Thanks to all of you we were able to find the song for her. This is a link to the YouTube video

https://youtu.be/8DigecHIM78