There's Something About That Name

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:44 pm

I'm looking for a hymn named There's Just Something About that Name
The verse goes somthing like...Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, there's just soemthing about that name, Master Savior, Jesus, like the fragrance after the rain.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:45 pm

(originally posted by winkydink77)

Guest - here's the words to your song -
The song is called "There's Just Something About that Name." It goes:
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
There's just something about that name
Master, Savior, Jesus
Like the fragrance after the rain
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all heaven and earth proclaim
Kings and kingdoms shall all pass away
But there's something about that name.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:44 pm

Is that the full song?
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:30 pm

Yes, this is the full song. Lyrics are by Bill and Gloria Gaither.

Thanks,
Steve

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:10 pm

There are words spoken between singing the verse twice. The words say I have seen a mother whisper that name beside her child delirous with fever, a saint using their dying breath to sound out, Jesus. It concludes by saying "you know there is something about that name.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:58 pm

Does someone have the words spoken between the the verses? I'd appreciate receiving them and having them forwarded to the following email address of mine, [email protected]

thanks............ed
AWATSON81

Post by AWATSON81 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:27 pm

I would also like the spoken words to that song. The words are "I have seen a mother whisper that name beside her child delirous with fever..." I know the chorus that you sing I would really like this part of the song though. You can e-mail me at [email protected]
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:42 pm

Here are the words you're looking for:

Jesus, the mere mention of His name can calm the storm, heal the broken, raise the dead. At the name of Jesus, I've seen sin-hardened men melted, derelicts transformed, the lights of hope put back into the eyes of a hopeless child...

At the name of Jesus, hatred and bitterness turned to love and forgiveness, arguments cease.

I've heard a mother softly breathe His name at the bedside of a child delirious with fever, and I've watched that little body grow quiet and the fevered brow cool.

I've say beside a dying saint, her body racked with pain, who in those final fleeting seconds summoned her last ounce of ebbing strength to whisper earth's sweetest name--Jesus, Jesus...

Emperors have tried to destroy it; philosophies have tried to stamp it out. Tyrants have tried to wash it from the face of the earth with the very blood of those who claimed it. Yet still it stands.

And there shall be that final day when every voice that has ever uttered a sound--every voice of Adam's race shall raise in one great mighty chorus to proclaim the name of Jesus--for in that day "every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!!!"

Ah--so you see--it was not mere chance that caused the angel one night long ago to say to a virgin maiden, "His name shall be called Jesus." Jesus--Jesus--Jesus. You know, there is something about that name...

The beautiful words are written by Bill and Gloria Gaither. They are copyrighted, and provided here for educational purposes only. If you wish to use this in a performance or publication, please purchase a copy of the song.

Accompaniment CD with Lyrics

Also, I believe SheetMusicPlus.com has scores and complilations you can purchase online.

Hope it helps!
Steve

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:32 pm

Love that song!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:01 pm

Oh God Bless you all,

Back in the 70's as a small country church, the youth choir would sing this song, and my brother would do the recitation as we continued to hum the chorus.

I didn't think I would ever find these words again. I've been thinking about this song for the past several weeks, and while playing The Cathedrals on Yahoo Music, they did the chorus. It was as though it was a sign to look on the internet.

Site after site only had the chorus, and I was about to give up in discouragement, until I hit this site.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you,
God Bless you all,
Scott