I just began to live

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

I just began to live

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:34 pm

I remember the chorus of a song from when I was a child, I thought in the hymnal we used, it was a chorus to Amazing Grace, but I have never seen it again in any other hymnal. The chorus goes "I just began to live, I just began to live, when God's Amazing Grace came in, I just began to live - old things have passed away, I'll have a brighter day, my names recorded up above, I just began to live" It may have been from another hymn, just trying to find out what it is. Thanks for any help!
lannette

I just began to live

Post by lannette » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Growing up, like you, that was sang at our church also, i ask my father, he said the "Happy Goodmans" did it, and that is how they sang it, like a chorus.

I just began to live

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:40 pm

My family's church sang that often as well. And it was sang like that, as a chorus in Amazing Grace.
Joshua McClain

Re: I just began to live

Post by Joshua McClain » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:28 pm

The Chorus was an addition by the "Singing Speer" family. 'Dad' Speer wrote the Chorus and started adding it when they sang at Gospel Hours.
Here is a link to the album cover. I've seen it on the Hilton Griswold program called "Inspiration Time". You might find it on YouTube.
https://www.invubu.com/music/show/song/ ... -Live.html