Baptismal hymn - A Borning Song

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2010 3:59 pm

My son is being confirmed in the Lutheran Church. He is playing this song on his tenor saxophone for his faith statement.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:24 am

6/3/2010 Pastor Palmer Clemmer the former senior pastor of Grace Lutheran Church in Hendersonville NC is the first person I ever heard sing this. He sang along with playing his guitar. He is now retired in Hendersonville Tenn and he has a wonderful voice. Barbara Nemec

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Does anyone know where I can get guitar chords for this song?

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:25 pm

my son is going into the Marines in a few weeks. I find peace in the lyrics and know that God will take care of him, as He has done since the beginning of his life.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:35 am

This is one of the most amazing songs ever. (The other is in the Christian Worship, #497 This is my will) We sang "Borning Cry" at my best friend's dad's funeral. He used to love this song, and I swear I saw him smile from the casket.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:50 pm

Anyone know of a good CD version with a male voice?

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:12 pm

United Church hymnal has this song

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:41 pm

The song might be many things, but it is neither Lutheran nor Christian. According to Holy Scripture, Baptism is not the unfolding of our own natural life, rather, it is the death of that which is already in us, sin and death. And the song says nothing about what the Christian faith is all about, sin and mercy, or the Son of God crucified to bear the judgement of God for our sin and rescue us from eternal death and damnation.

Post by Guest » Mon May 09, 2011 5:25 pm

The song is about Jesus being with you from your first cry at birth to your last days on Earth. It is not saying that baptism is an unfolding of one's life, but that at the person's baptism, their rebirth into Christ, Jesus was there to see their new life unfold into the ups and downs of life. The point being that Jesus was always there.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:43 pm

We sing this song at every Baptism for our Moravian Church. I can never get though it without tears. LOVE IT!