Desperate search - he's only a baby

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:26 pm

I only know part of the lyrics as follow:

he's only a baby, he'll grow to a man, he'll ask you to finish the work that he began.

if you have any idea what this chorus may be from please email [email protected]

ta much xxx

bless you

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:18 pm

I sang this in junior school 30 years ago as part of a Christmas play. I too am trying to find out about it, so if you get any more info please let me know!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:51 pm

I too am trotting down memory lane about this piece of music does anyone know the full title?

God Bless

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:57 pm

The words are from a musical play called "Only a Baby" and I too am trying to find the music for the whole thing because I have lost the copy I had many years ago!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:23 am

Have found the words and music. If you would like a copy please email me on [email protected] with a postal address and I will happily forward it.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:40 pm

I wonder if you are able to e-mail the words and music? Forgive me, I don't mean to offend but I'm not comfortable with giving out my postal address.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:12 am

Don't wait for an angel,
Or wish upon a star,
Face up to life's realities,
Dreaming never gets you far,
Look towards the future,
With golden years ahead,
And never forget, that happiness, came from a cattle shed,

He's only a baby,
He'll grow to a man,
He'll ask you to finish, the work, that he began.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:18 pm

I am glad I am not the only one looking for this! It has bugged me for years. I am 31 years old and sang this at about the age of 8. Seeing it now brings back some memories.
Strange how we all remember the same line (the chorus I know).

There is another one that has bugged me, it goes like this:

We musn't forget! No we musn't forget! To-say-a-great-big-thank-you, we musn't forget.

Bit of a long shot I know but I thought I'd ask.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Found it, Never mind, it was called Autumn Days.

For anyone who cares:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9mvrkQbzgc

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:30 am

Hi.
I have recently managed to order a copy of this musical (wasn't easy to find!!) and if anyone should want a copy of the manuscript, which is due to arrive with me soon, then send your details to [email protected] and I will post the copy to you. Postage cost in UK probably £2.00