Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Mon May 17, 2010 3:08 pm

So lovely - I would love to wake up to this music every morning. Here is a link if you want to hear how it is sung - this is the version we sing at mass. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85tfBBmbuMc

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:10 pm

What a great tribute to your Mom who indeed was a Gentle Women....

Love,

steve

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:21 am

Thanks to all of you, especially Gary back in 2008.

I solo with a pianist who plays chords. My PP especially has asked for this one next Sunday, the Assumption of BVM. He'd like it for Communion reflection, and I have not done it since I was in a choir at a previous parish a few years ago. I have never sung this beautiful hymn solo. So all of the above contributors have helped. Thank you all.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:26 pm

JESUS SAVES.....so praise HIM....not mary..she CANNOT save you from HELL...JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY...trust HIM now as your personal Savior...
eternal life is through JESUS CHRIST alone...

GOD BLESS-

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:10 am

Visiting family i decided to attend mass at this beautiful church in Marietta, Ga.
The first song that was sung was " Gentle Woman".Tears came to my eyes, as I thought of my mother who has been ill, and the many times many years ago that she, her lady friends and I would attend Novenas on Tuesday nights.
I feel somehow that I was meant to go to that Church to hear that song when I did.
It gave me a much needed lift and reminded me of what is important in life.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:31 am

Great! May God bless you because you too love HIS MOTHER AS HE DOES!

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:00 pm

I have found that when my sweet, but strong willed 4 year old son has his worst tantrums, singing songs about the Blessed Virgin Mary calms us BOTH. This song is one of our favorites. The tantrums melt into moments of peaceful reflection for me, reminding me not to fight him or break his will, but to praise God for giving me this precious child, and to trust Him to also give me all the stregnth, patience, and wisdom to be a good mother to my child, as well. I am inspired, especialy, when I sing of Mary, and her acceptance of God's will for her! What better role model as a mother??

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:42 pm

I learned this song in spanish, and it sounds even more beautiful

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:51 am

I love this song its beauiful!

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:52 pm

i remember this song as a child my mom used to sing it to me. so glad i found it ^^