But Then Comes the Morning

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
jfbanks

Post by jfbanks » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Hello,

I am trying to find a hymn ... here is what I remember:

But then comes the morning
Yesterday's sorrow's behind
Wake it's the day of your longing
Life returns, Mercy Comes, It's Morning

Thank you,

Julie

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:03 pm

I too have been looking for the hymn. In 1978 my husband died and this was played at the funeral Mass. Recently my Mother died and I was looking to see if I could find it. I'm not having any luck either. I will look at home and see if I can find it in any of my old papers from that time. If I do, I will be sure to send it to you.

Jane

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:30 am

Isn't it amazing how we can still remember that one verse from so many years ago? That's the only verse I remember from that song verbatim, and it's given me cheer throughout the years whenever I've had a down moment.

If this will help you in any way, it was a song primarily sung in the Catholic Church in the 70's.

(Jane, my condolences)

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Amazing!. I too remember that verse...and only that one verse...from church a long time ago (somewhere around first grade which would be 1976) and I too have been searching off and on for the name of the song and any additional lyrics. I'm amazed how other people are going through the same thing. My mom and dad were in the church chior and I went through their old music book and notes, but no luck. From time to time I'll try searching on the internet but usually with no luck there either. Today was the first time I came across this string of posts.

By the way, I've also been looking for lyrics to a song (also from church a long time ago) that has the line "Lord, teach us to pray" and the next line has something about a long and cold December (if I am recalling correctly). It had a very soft and catchy melody. Does anyone have any ideas?
jfbanks

Post by jfbanks » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Thank you, everyone. Looks like we were all listening to it at about the same time, late 70's. Hopefully someone will remember a little bit more than the one verse ... it is such a beautiful song, it was one of my favorites as a child. I know the lyrics would mean more to me now.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:41 pm

life returns mercy comes it morning...

look at him nailed to the cross...

Something like that. I was 8 in 1976 and still remember this song..

Vinnie

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:51 pm

forgive lord forgive, it was night when we did what we did, but then comes...

remembered some more

Vinnie

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:19 am

Withered and whothered we wail, confined to a home for the aile.... But then comes the morning, yesterday's sorrow's behind, stop, it's the day of your dawning ......it's morning. (I too have been searching for the title and music/lyrics to this hymn)

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:43 pm

I was actually searching for some piano music to this song when I ran across the request for lyrics. I am glad to know that my 2 file cabinets of music have paid off ! The lyrics still are very moving...

Blessings to all!
Andrée

But then comes the Morning

Look at him stripped on the hill
running the streets poorly clad
robots have taken his job
his hands are outstreetched for the nails (refrain)

refrain:
Forgive Lord, forgive. It was night when we did what we did....
But then comes the morning yesterdays sorrows behind
wake it's the day of your longing. life returns, mercy comes, it's morning.

Look at him nailed to the cross.
Nailed by our lack of concern
Locked and forgotten in jail
Confined to a home for the aged. (refrain)

Look at him die on the cross
witness man's cruelty to man
cut down like weeds in our wars
stabbed on the streets where we live. (refrain)

The night watch is set at the tomb.
He's buried not dead but alive
as long as you did if to these
you also have done it to me (refrain)

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:54 am

Do you have the name of the song? I remember the refrain as:

Forgive Lord, forgive. It was night when we did what we did what we did
But then comes the morning yesterday sorrows behind, wake it's the dawn of a new day, life begins, never ends, its morning.