I'm following jesus each step of the way

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:15 am

I am looking for a hymn of which i do not know the name only a phrase from the choris of the song which is "I'm following jesus each step of the way" It was sang in a General baptist church in Mid Michigan in the late 50's and early 60's.
would any one have a clue of what the name of the song might be i would like to have music and lyrics both. it is somthing i sang as a child and would now like to be able to sing is as an adult
thanks Emma
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:49 am

Hi Emma,

Here's what I could find. Hope this is the one! :)

I'm following Jesus,
One step at a time;
I live for the moment,
In His Love divine.
Why think of tomorrow,
Just live for today;
I'm following Jesus,
Each step of the way.

The pathway is narrow,
But He leads me on;
I walk in His shadow,
My fears are all gone.
My spirit grows stronger,
Each moment, each day,
For Jesus is leading
Each step of the way.

God bless,
Steve

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:11 pm

thanks for the reply i'm not sure if this is the right lyrics to the song that im thinking of but i will take these lyrics and see if i can find some music to go with it. i was only 3 yrs old when i sang it and the only reason that i even remember it is because family tell the story of how i sang and that was "i'm following jesus get out of my way"
thanks again for your help
Emma

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:25 pm

It seems there is also a chorus. I am hunting for it too. I'm looking for a line."Living by faith...not walking by sight>>" Jesus is named too. He is our strength. Stuggling with my family and I am trying to sing it to myself to bring courage as only praising God can do. Also praying alot.
Loved your story. Only God's little stars can shine so sweetly. I teach Sunday school and love it.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:20 am

As I recall, The song, I'm Following Jesus one step at a time is by Red Harper. I am looking for other songs that he wrote, but can't find anything about Red Harper in any of the search engines. I could use some help. Thanks, Jay

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:29 am

Hi Jay. You must spell Redd with 2 D's, and you can find him on Google
malachi456

Post by malachi456 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:31 pm

Redd Harper also wrote "Life's greatest adventure", "Just Smile and Praise the Lord" and "Up there in the blue"

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:55 am

Does anyone have the words to the chorus and any other verses to the song, Each Step Of The Way? I've also been trying to put the song together and the chorus escapes me. It's a beautiful old Hymn that needs to be sung in our churches today. If anyone can help, please email me at:
[email protected]
malachi456

Post by malachi456 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am

Redd also wrote "you laid your hand mighty Lord on the Range" as sung in the Billy Graham film "Oiltown USA"

As far as I am aware the words posted by Steve are the complete words for this song. Perhaps you are thinking of another song.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:29 pm

Thank you for your help. My friend's mother used to sing this song and this has helped alot.