I'll be Waiting by the River for You

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:20 pm

I was asked today, at the last minute to sing at a funeral for a young man 41 yrs. old who asked for someone to sing this song: "I'll Be Waiting At The River For You." I have no idea as to what it sounds like and have not found it in any of my baptist or old hymnals. Can anyone tell me where I can at least listen to it and be able to play it from hearing the correct tune of the song. I do not know this family and would really like to help them out. The funeral is tomorrow afternoon. I am at a loss. contact me at [email protected] I would greatly appreciate your assistance. This is a pretty neat site by the way, since this is the first time I have had to do this sort of thing. SC

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:41 am

i heard just briefly this song....I'm waiting by the river...for the Lord to pass this way....all day....I'll meet you at the river...for the good Lord to pass me by...oh yea

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:54 am

TODAY we wait on the Lord. Some day he wii be waiting for us.praise JESUS GOD BLESS. SIGN LOVE JESUS

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:47 pm

There seems to be a lot of conflict with the lyrics of "I'll Be Waiting At The River For You." I have listened to youtubes and they do not match the written lyrics. Does anyone have the correct lyrics according the sheet music that Bill Hopper wrote? I would love to have the correct lyrics. The most conflict is in Verse Two.

Just beyond that shining river (there's, is, lies) a land of pure delight where someday I'll start a life again anew (There's my, and in my, in my) mansion built by Jesus (where, and) no one (shall, will) ever die I'll be waiting at the river for you.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks great site
nosales10

Post by nosales10 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:57 am

i wold like to have the words to a recitaion about anold man that takes ajob digging a ditch for a rich man and is singing about being a child of the king. the rich mans son goes to the old man and they talk. the song with it is I'm a child of the King.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:18 am

I'll Be Waiting At The River, was made popular by the Singing Stewards out f Kingsport, TN back in 1990. It was a top 10 song in the gospel charts for 8 months. The Primitive QT from Candler, NC also recoreded this song in 1991 and then The Dalton Gang made it popular also.
onlyme

Re: I'll be Waiting by the River for You

Post by onlyme » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Guest wrote: Mon May 12, 2008 11:20 pm the name of the song is Far Side Banks of Jordan
This is a different song, but a great one also.