Tell It Like It Is Youth Musical

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
mss1939

Post by mss1939 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:04 pm

I am trying to find the 1969 Youth Musical, "Tell It Like It Is" by Kurt Kaiser and Ralph Carmichael. Particularly the song, "Thank You Lord" which my daughter at 12 years old sang and she is quite a bit older and several older people in church have asked her if she couldn't sing it again. The song doesn't have many lyrics, but she surely conveyed the message -- a kind of blues/rock song.
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:00 am

Hi mss1939,

You may be in luck. From time to time Amazon has sellers who have the music for "Tell It Like It Is".

This musical was noted for introducing another great praise song, "Pass It On".

Here's a link to their product page:

Tell It Like It Is

Hope it helps. Thanks!
Steve

Post by Guest » Mon May 02, 2011 11:23 pm

I don't know if you are still looking for the musical Tell it like it is. But I just found three listing on Amazon. I ordered one for me.

Re: Tell It Like It Is Youth Musical

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:32 pm

I realize this is 10 years after you posted your question, but I was in "Tell It Like It Is" back in the day, and still have the score -- there isn't a song called "Thank You Lord" in the musical.
Scott Risley

Post by Scott Risley » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:51 pm

Once again, the query was more than 10 years ago, but there was another Christian musical in the 1970's, "The Apostle," by Cam Floria, that included the song, "Thank you, Lord." This may be the song in question, in which case the lyrics of the chorus go something like: "But it goes against the way I am to put my human nature down / And let God's Spirit take control of all I do / For when those trials come my human nature shouts the thing to do / And God's soft prompting can be be easily ignored."
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:13 pm

I have the book for Tell It Like It Is.... Thank You Lord is not one of the songs.
So maybe the song you are looking for is from the other musical mentioned